Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went through a lot of older posts on the CFR pipe fitting the VRSCR. It appears it can fit but I want to know about clearance. For those that actually have the pipe on the Rs how often does the exhaust scrap? Also it looks like the pipe can be raised with a different bracket so if anyone did that how often does the exhaust scrap? I just love this exhaust but if it will scrap constantly then I will go a different route.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much for the feedback. I love the looks and sound of that pipe and and the clearance looks good so now time to blow some money:)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Love the sound of that pipe, too. I did install the quite baffle from V-mod to make longer rides bearable. V-mod sent me a Powercommander map for the baffle that has worked flawless. Let me know if you need it.

Have fun with the mods. I wanted an '07 but they were hard to find.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Love the sound of that pipe, too. I did install the quite baffle from V-mod to make longer rides bearable. V-mod sent me a Powercommander map for the baffle that has worked flawless. Let me know if you need it.

Have fun with the mods. I wanted an '07 but they were hard to find.
Do you happen to have the map? Is it for a PC3? I have been looking for a fueler and map so I don't have to screw around too much with it. Thanks in advance for all the help.

·
Registered Idiot
5,461 Posts
CFR fits and clears real well. Two things, flip the braket(L up) and use a pipe expander on the headers for a nice snug leak proof fit A baffle makes sense for long rides.

·
1130cc is enuff 4 me
2,426 Posts
CFR fits and clears real well. Two things, flip the braket(L up) and use a pipe expander on the headers for a nice snug leak proof fit A baffle makes sense for long rides.
I put my pipe on a week or so ago.... Tomorrrow I'll be on the bike ALL DAY. We will see how this baffle treats my ears (wearing ear plugs). I like the sound of it @ idle. It sounds like a dragster. It has a nice growl.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I scrapped mine so bad that I had to make a connector pipe to raise it and use the passenger side foot peg as a mounting location. It also was staining my swing arm. Now with it up, all is good. Sounds good 119 hp dyno PCIII custom map.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Mine never scraped, but on long rides, too noisy for me. Great pipe, tho! Joe

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just installed it and went on a nice long ride this weekend and so far I am really impressed. The sound is fantastic and IMHO the best sounding exhaust on a Vrod that I have heard in person. I didn't scrape it at all but I will raise it a little bit just in case. I really didn't expect to feel any difference in performance but it seems to pull better in the low end which is a nice plus. Overall love the pipe so far!

·
Registered
155 Posts
^^^^ LOVE that pipe.. i need to change mine now that my wife is wanting to ride with me now.. i think this is gonna be the replacement..

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
Just installed it and went on a nice long ride this weekend and so far I am really impressed. The sound is fantastic and IMHO the best sounding exhaust on a Vrod that I have heard in person. I didn't scrape it at all but I will raise it a little bit just in case. I really didn't expect to feel any difference in performance but it seems to pull better in the low end which is a nice plus. Overall love the pipe so far!

Are the black swingarm and black clutch slave cylinder your work or that of the previous owner?

I grind the stock exhaust pretty often so I know I would drag that pipe. I would find a way to raise it. I've even decked the radiator shroud.
I removed the foot peg feelers and replaced them with hardened allen head machine screws. This gives me a bit lean before anything touches and when they do, it doesn't feel like you have an electric eel in your boot. On the other hand, the right peg doesn't touch down much before the decorative chrome cover over the third volume graunches the pavement.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I blacked out the swingarm and a few bits when I installed the new exhaust. I probably don't lean the bike over as much as some riders so perhaps if you are a more skilled and aggressive rider this pipe would cause issues but for me it is working great.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts