Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys carry a gun while you ride? I carried a small Titanium .357 revolver with me inside my leather race suit when I rode my Ducati.

I obviously wont be wearing a Power Ranger suit on the DX, I've got a shoulder holster that I can carry my Kimber 1911 in under my jacket.

Just curious if any of you guys also carry when you ride... My friend has a small leather bag attached to the front of his plastic side bag on his Road King, he carries a full sized Glock in it.

So, do you guys carry?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Glock 27, usually in my front pocket, it is a little heavy though and I was thinking about the S&W Titanium. Is that what you have? Kel-Tec makes a really compact .380 and I believe they just came out w/9mm in the same size, but from what I've heard they tend to stovepipe malfunction.

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
As soon as my wife and I get our CCW, we both plan to carry. I'll more than likely carry all the time. We're getting her a Kel Tek PF-9 and I'll be getting a Taurus 9mm concealed.

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
G27 in C-Tac, and sometimes NAA 380 but 99.9 Glock 27 .40 cal.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I carry my S&W 1911 on my hip personally. But it is the PD model so it is really light compaired to other 1911's. I thought about getting a Khar P45 to carry just because it is so small and light that I could carry it in my pocket.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
I carry a Smith and Wesson 329PD.

It's a .44 Mag Scandium Revolver.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Interesting question.
I don't carry on my bike any more than I carry normally, even though I am licensed. Plus living in PA, but only a few miles from NY.... I think it's still a mandatory 10 days in the slammer if you are caught carrying without a license. At least that's what I just heard when a bunch of us rode into NY a couple weeks ago. A couple guys were asking each other if they were packin'. Personally, even if I was I wouldn't tell anyone I was hangin' with.

·
Registered
597 Posts
faster than a speeding ticket maybe, but nothing is faster than a motorola. That's kind of like call ahead seating for jail if you think about it. :laugh: :laugh: :bolt

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sig P228 or the P220 - I wear a looser leather jacket to keep it from imprinting when my arms and legs are stretched forward in the "clam" riding position.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
XD Sub-Compact 9mm. It's small enough to carry about any way you want and still packs 16 rounds

·
Kicking cancer's ass
969 Posts
G17 or G30, depending on my mood.

·
Registered
105 Posts
always packin two HEAVY FIST, sometimes a 9mm in the middle east I carried a M-16 A1 fully auto and a Barreta 9mm sidearm.

·
'04 1300
3,071 Posts
aortiz1105 said:
why would you carry all the time? isn't that illegal.
It depends on where you live. Many states now allow concealed carry with the proper permit, and subject to a zillion restrictions.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I carry just about every where I go, state of Georgia allows CCW and open carry.... I've got a CCW, but can easily walk through the mall with a pistol in a holster on my side in plain view.

I also am the deputy coroner for the county and have a state issued ID, badge, and gun.

I took the Deputy Coroner job as a "fun" job to make extra money for guns and mods... I get $175 per call I go on :)

Best part is, you have no idea how many speeding tickets I've gotten out of with the non-chalant flash of a badge :)

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.