Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've purchased a cast sissy bar.It looks like when I bolt it down on the fender base plate that it's gonna marr it.I will be taking the bar off and on.Is there a pad missing?Like the one under the base plate or do I just need to make one?

:hmm:

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Elrod, no pad missing, they dont come with one. Mine did not marr anything just leaving it on, but yes, you are taking a chance of scratching something if you plan on taking on and off a lot.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Brent ...maybe some nylon washer between the bar and base plate. This is something that I have to look at!!! Mine is being shipped and only used for my son.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry I didn't post sooner,but this weekend I'll put a piece of thin foam under it like the stuff under the base plate.What about a larger back rest?Anybody make one yet?

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
Registered
214 Posts
Thats what I did Elrod.

I went to Michaels fabric store and bought a thin sheet of neoprene rubber, traced and cut... worked great.

Leon

·
Avenger Hawk
635 Posts
I also take mine on and off all the time. Be carefull, I stripped one of the sissy bar bolts. Replaced with new chrome set and decided it really doesn't need to be very tight. My wife just needs to hold-on a little more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts