Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of us have been told by HD that these back rests (#52759-04) do not fit the wide tire bikes. Well they do but not 100% perfectly. Here's pics of one on an 07 so you can judge for yourself if you want to do it. Baseplate is required, no modifications to anything are required to get what you see right here.

Sissybar, sissy bar, backrest, back rest, 52759-04, cast & chrome, upright

Attachments

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
That "Not Fitting" look is 1000% better than any of the alternatives I have seen. I love it on my bike.

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So do I. The "not fitting" at the front and the odd basket weave pattern on the vinyl don't bother me at all personally. No one except me would ever notice. If it was all blacked out, as on a DX, the minor misfitting would be completely invisible.

I posted this as a public service as I think traditional sissy bars on V-Rods are beyond hideous. I stashed as many applicable key words I could think of in the post to hopefully direct searchers here if they are inquiring about sissy bars.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
i love mine, i can use my 2006 screaming eagle rider/passenger seat (which low profile but still has some cushion) and put this backrest on around town. My girl is comfortable enough to ride 30 minutes at a time and I don't have to have a couch with a tall sissy bar so it still looks cool when we get where we're going.

on longer rides I still ugly up the bike, but it's a great solution for the around town jaunts :thumb:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
My wife calls it her butt stopper.... she loved it at first then the more riding she did the more she wanted a more substantial back rest so I finally caved and put the regular one with teh smooth pad on it for her.

·
Registered
179 Posts
i like it, looks pretty cool....

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
The Gurl Loves it, cannot tell the difference between it and the Big Ugly that the Bike came with Originally. I DO put the slightly Larger Passenger Pillion on for rides longer than 350 miles though.

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sigh... I really miss both weeks of light jacket weather we have here in Houston every year.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Sigh... I really miss both weeks of light jacket weather we have here in Houston every year.
I gotta say this Year has been the Best, hovers around 78-80 degrees mid day and cools to low 70's at night with no humidity. Cannot remember such a cool Summer before. I am Loving it.

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had misgivings about living in Houston (I'm 20 miles north actually) but I really love it here. I dare say I like it here more than DFW. It might be my circumstances now though that make it so good. But me being single, not having traditional employment (rush hour doesn't affect me), being blessed with underactive sweat glands and this tropical climate are really a wonderful situation. I'll take a 30% pay cut in 2 years and move into a managerial position instead of field work and then life will be grand. Except for the $1200 wasted on various jackets.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I love the look but can you use the luggage rack with this?

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Fleshwound ground the underside of his to fit perfectly. Looks great.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I just posed the question in a new thread in the general section the other day and today to find this out and see the pictures I say, thanks I will put in my order. The only thing that looks out is the gap under the front mounting points and I am in agreement that this looks good and will keep my saddle bags in place better than just the straps alone.

·
kelrushNZ
122 Posts
I cannot see the fender. Is it the je illusion fender that you have base plate fitted to, reason for asking is i was told a base plate would not fit the je fender cheers in advance mate

·
Registered
3 Posts
just wondering if that base plate is for a 06 or do you have a 07 base plate with that 06 butt stop? i have a 07 night rod and im looking to do the same. i think it looks sick ! and the rest of the back rest's are dumb that are offered for the 07 night rods.... thanks for your help

·
Wick
546 Posts
That would be correct. Early Butt Stop fitted to an 07 or later Base Plate (Wide Rear). You can check it out in my images.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts