Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, the Carolina Dragbike Seris is going to be at Farmington this sunday 08-05-07. I'll be there with my vrod... Is anyone else planning on going? Gene

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
I was asked to go. There slowest index class is a 6.0
What class will you race in, street ET?
It will be a good time for sure.
I dont think I am gonna make this one. Need to get my bike dialed in for SEMDRA.

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
going tonight to test the old iron head and the street bike.there will be 5.60 5.10 class and a quick 8 class on sunday also.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am just gonna run the street class, maybe modified... Im just getting back into it after 5 year absentance... Joe I'll be in southport next weekend if your around wouldnt mind checking out your bike and picking your brain some.

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
didn't git to run the bikes the front wheel bearings on the 76 didn't feel good so we worked a little, maybe sunday.

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
there was a couple ahdra bikes at the farmington dragway last nite,

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks niterod, was good to meet u.. looking forward to tommorow and thank we are going to head to Piedmont tonight for there Biike Night.. always seem to run faster at piedmont...

Joe, plans have changed on 08/11 our local Elks lodge is having a raffle for a 07 Elec Glide Std, free food and open bar with purchase of ticket 110.00. So me and guys that are going to beach are going to that and will be in in Southport on 08/18 ...

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
i was really impressed with your bike runnin low 7.50's with the windshield.you git down around rockingham or kinston dragway you could pick up about a tenth.hell i bet it would see some high 30's.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks, its been my experience that the farm is almost always 1-1.5 tenths slower than most ofther tracks in the area.. Ive been running mid 7.3 at piedmont.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
THAT IS WHY I SAW All the bikes on the way to n.c friday night did not know about it just got back today back home florida.

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
yall don't forget the motorcycle race at farmington dragway today gates open at 10and time runs start at 12, eliminations start at 2

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Farmington Update: there was a very low turnout for the event today. Several Harleys though, I was the only vrod racing. Street class had a whooping 7 or 9 bikes, not sure on the exact number. I did make it to the semi finals. Bike was not running that fast due to heat and humidity. I dialed in on 7.61, went red -.020 ran a [email protected] Theres going to be a AHDRA race at the farm on 09/16/07 ...... Also 1st time Ive ever gotten the front wheel in the air on a launch at drag strip on the V, to say the least that wasnt expected, but I recovered pretty quick and was sort of ready for it when it happened the next 2 times, and I thought my clutch was getting weak (slipping) guess I was wrong(thank goodness) LOL

1 - 20 of 21 Posts