Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a bike show in my hometown next weekend it starts Friday July 23rd. until Sunday the 25th. Though Carlisle is better known for it's car shows the bike show has gotten pretty big and will have plenty of vendors from all over the country.

http://carlisleevents.com/ce/events/bikefest/index.asp

If any of you guys are going to travel from DC or Baltimore or anywhere else send me a message if you want to organize a ride.

Dino

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm just going to keep this post alive until the show this weekend! I saw a few people in Gettysburg last week hope to see some more this week. Carlisle is about 90 miles north of Baltimore and about the same from DC. Also about 2 hours west of Philadelphia and 3.5 hours east of Pittsburgh.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Dino, I try and get up there Saturday. Will send a message when I know for sure. Wanted to check out the long list of your mods in person.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds fine. Here is my cell number: 7177133919 You or anyone who comes can either PM me or send a txt on the day you are here.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Flexin did you send me a message about a wedding on Saturday? I've gotten a few PM's mostly from the DX guys. I was hoping we could get a few guys to represent the Muscle! Anyway were looking at rides on Saturday Afternoon and on Sunday Morning. I will be available both days as I have a few others that were coming in for the bike show. If anyone needs any info on hotels, restaurants or maybe even a BBQ depending on how many people show up, or anything else feel free to PM me.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I did not send a message, but I will be there early Saturday morning. around 9 or 10, not sure if this is too early. What time are the rides happening?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Most people are saying between 9-11 am. Here is the deal I will be leaving my house around 11 AM to go to the show. My house is only about 2 miles away from the fair grounds. If you get here early you can go to the show and then meet up with us either at the show or my house for the ride.

Here are the 2 options.

1. Meet at my house by 11 AM and we can either ride to the show stay for 2 hours and go for a ride.

2. Go for a nice 1 or 2 hour ride then go to the show.

My Address:

125 Cumberland Drive
Carlisle PA 17013

Again you can PM, Text, or call.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
More Updates...

I am posting this info on the Rallies page too but I am trying to get some Muscle Brothers and Sisters to join the ride! Hopefully this can become an annual thing! :notworth:

Ok we can meet at my house by 11 and we can actually start the ride around 11:30 that gives anyone who gets here before 10 AM some time to go in and mess around the show for 10 bucks you get a pass the show which includes your bike otherwise it's $5 I recommend paying the $10 because you get to ride your bike right into the fairgrounds and park. Make sure you get a stamp so you can come back in. I figure we can ride for 2-4+ hours depending on what you guys are interested in.

2 Rides I am considering. :wazzup:

1. North through Cumberland County into Perry County, covered bridges North Mountain, Little Buffalo State Park. :moped:

2. South through Cumberland County Michaux Forrest, Laurel and Fuller Lake areas through South Mountain (Appalachian Trail section) into Adams County and into Gettysburg. Battlefields up around Ski Liberty area lots of stuff to choose from. :moped:

I'm up for any types of suggestion or ideas and if you bring any non v rod buddies thats ok too. I have a swimming pool if it is hot and anyone wants to jump im also we will be travelling by many swimming lakes so if your interested in jumping in just let me know and we can stop. :deal:

This is the first year for me to try and organize something like this if it works out we can possibly get an East Coast V Rod group so the more the merrier. I have had several people contact me don't hesitate to ask me questions if your not sure about something. If anyone stays the night at one of the

hotels I recommend:

http://www.comfortsuitescarlisle.com/ - Right down town near square Nice bar (Gingerbread Man) :barf: within 100 yards

http://www.hotelcarlisle.com/ - About 5 miles from fair ground straight down Carlisle Pike 11 South into Carlisle.

Restaurants: :dance:
www.rustictavern.com
www.northhanovergrille.com
www.rillos.net
www.sunnysiderestaurant.com

Bail Bonds: :broke:

www.pabondsman.com - lol this is me but hey I'm good to know in case you get in trouble!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Slight Change in Plans.

I am going to the show around 9 AM as a couple forum members are coming in early.

You can text me in the morning and we can plan to meet up at the show just ride your bikes into the fairgrounds.

717-713-3919

If everyone is here before 11 we will go on an early ride before the heat hits! After the ride we can go back to the fair grounds or my pool is open if your hot and feel the need to jump in. After this we will just play it by ear.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Thanks for meeting up Dino, did you get the bike Dyno'ed?

Let's plan a ride for those on the east coast when the weather breaks. I got in (inside with the A/C) then went back out to park the bike and thought "I was riding in this SHIT!!!" Still had a great time. Let me know about the front cover for the light.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah no problem there is a post located here with the info you need! http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126398 It was great meeting you too, I never got to the dyno just didn't have the patience to wait! Let me know maybe we can meet up at DelMarva bike week.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I was there on Saturday, no rain. On the way home, I may have found a buyer for my 2001 ST1100.

Sunday was a mess in the afternoon, but I was home in the AC :) The temp dropped from 97 to 73. All in all a good weekend.

A ride would be good. I have a few buddies who get together often (One you met Dino). I'll be sure to post. DE is nice but flat. Loved the rolling hills and roads in PA!

Next mod for me will be the shocks! 440s or Arnotts? Thinking Black Arnotts 13'...

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sunday was a mess I went at 1 just for the 3 pm drawing. The lightning and wind was wicked! Anyway I am up for a ride in PA or DE or MD or anywhere. Delmarva might be a good call, what are the dates?

·
Registered
329 Posts
9/16 to 9/19

1 - 15 of 15 Posts