Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a bike show in my hometown next weekend it starts Friday July 23rd. until Sunday the 25th. Though Carlisle is better known for it's car shows the bike show has gotten pretty big and will have plenty of vendors from all over the country.

http://carlisleevents.com/ce/events/bikefest/index.asp

Town has nice some decent restaurants and plenty of nice places to ride If any Rodders are going to make it for the show sent me a PM if your looking to get a ride going.

Dino

·
RIP Nigel & KAK
942 Posts
I was gonna go but forgot I have a wedding to go to. So now I got to wait another week to get the DX tuned since my tuner will be there with his portable dyne.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I am planning to ride down there on Sat maybe with a few other riders
Lou, which day are you planning to go?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bike Show weekend.

I've gotten a few PM's mostly from the DX guys. I was hoping we could get a few guys to represent the Muscle! Of course all V Rods welcome, all bikes really! Anyway as of now looking at rides on Saturday Afternoon and on Sunday Morning. I will be available both days also on Friday the day the show starts. If anyone needs any info on hotels, restaurants or pehaps we can have a BBQ depending on how many people show up. Any other questions please feel free to PM or call me.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Most people are saying between 9-11 am. Here is the deal I will be leaving my house around 11 AM to go to the show. My house is only about 2 miles away from the fair grounds. If you get here early you can go to the show and then meet up with us either at the show or my house for the ride.

Here are the 2 options.

1. Meet at my house by 11 AM and we can either ride to the show stay for 2 hours and go for a ride.

2. Go for a nice 1 or 2 hour ride then go to the show.

My Address:

125 Cumberland Drive
Carlisle PA 17013

Again you can PM, Text, or call.

717-713-3919

·
Registered Idiot
5,461 Posts
As a local I hope you know some nice short cuts. Last time we went it took us an hour to get of the interstate and 1/2 to get through town. It was a cool show but damn the traffic was nasty. Be careful....

·
Premium Member
2,029 Posts
so what any word on the ride as far as time to actually ride. i personally think doing the ride 1st then everyone has as much time as they want at the show without watching thier watch. my .02.............. let me know what is decided.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok we can meet at my house by 11 and we can actually start the ride around 11:30 that gives anyone who gets here before 10 AM some time to go in and mess around the show for 10 bucks you get a pass the show which includes your bike otherwise it's $5 I recommend paying the $10 because you get to ride your bike right into the fairgrounds and park. Make sure you get a stamp so you can come back in. I figure we can ride for 2-4+ hours depending on what you guys are interested in.

2 Rides I am considering.

1. North through Cumberland County into Perry County, covered bridges North Mountain, Little Buffalo State Park.

2. South through Cumberland County Michaux Forrest, Laurel and Fuller Lake areas through South Mountain (Appalachian Trail section) into Adams County and into Gettysburg. Battlefields up around Ski Liberty area lots of stuff to choose from.

I'm up for any types of suggestion or ideas and if you bring any non v rod buddies thats ok too. I have a swimming pool if it is hot and anyone wants to jump im also we will be travelling by many swimming lakes so if your interested in jumping in just let me know and we can stop.

This is the first year for me to try and organize something like this if it works out we can possibly get an East Coast V Rod group so the more the merrier. I have had several people contact me don't hesitate to ask me questions if your not sure about something. If anyone stays the night at one of the

hotels I recommend:

http://www.comfortsuitescarlisle.com/ - Right down town near square Nice bar (Gingerbread Man) within 100 yards

http://www.hotelcarlisle.com/ - About 5 miles from fair ground straight down Carlisle Pike 11 South into Carlisle.

Restaurants:
www.rustictavern.com
www.northhanovergrille.com
www.rillos.net
www.sunnysiderestaurant.com

Bail Bonds:

www.pabondsman.com - lol this is me but hey I'm good to know in case you get in trouble!

·
Premium Member
2,029 Posts
Sounds like a great plan to me dino and either of the rides sound good to me. Being a newbie to the area it will all be new to me.
I will definitly see u at your place ay 11.
Unless something crazy happens

·
Premium Member
4,144 Posts
South through Cumberland County Michaux Forrest, Laurel and Fuller Lake areas through South Mountain (Appalachian Trail section) into Adams County and into Gettysburg. Battlefields up around Ski Liberty area lots of stuff to choose from.
Did this ride with a group during Gettysburg Bike Week and it was great!!!!! Darn, wish I didn't have to work!!!!!

Hit Sharpshooters in Gettysburg and sorry I don't have the bail information....

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Slight Change of Plans

I am going to the show around 9 AM as a couple forum members are coming in early.

You can text me in the morning and we can plan to meet up at the show just ride your bikes into the fairgrounds.

717-713-3919

If everyone is here before 11 we will go on an early ride before the heat hits! After the ride we can go back to the fair grounds or my pool is open if your hot and feel the need to jump in. After this we will just play it by ear.

·
Premium Member
4,144 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Very very HOT on Saturday but lots of stuff and tons of bikes it was fun.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts