Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening to all. Been following this forum for about a month. Picked up an 03 rod back in January w/7 miles on it. I have learned quite a bit by reading the posts and response of the members, Thank you. Last Friday was the first day I could get the bike out on the road and put 210 miles on it. The recommended break in by the manufacturer of not exceeding 2500 rpm's for the first 50 miles lasted for about 30 miles, that bike wanted to run. Anyway, ended up with a set of samson ripsaws (obviously not the choice of the majority of the forum) but could not resist the temptation to install them on saturday after they haunted me as the box sat in the corner of the garage. Much to my suprise, and my neighbors shagrin, they sound terrific and loud. Hope to get the rod back out this weekend to see how much the performance has been compromised. Thanks again for my first source of info.
Chip :dance:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
:vrodforu: I started with Sampsons too and Now Look at me! :diablo:

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
nobozos said:
The recommended break in by the manufacturer of not exceeding 2500 rpm's for the first 50 miles lasted for about 30 miles, that bike wanted to run. :
:vrodforu:

I believe Harley should put the bike on the dyno for the first 500 miles because their is no human that can obey the recommendation :spank:

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Welcome to the forum, my thought on the break in sheet is that they use the same specs for all of the HD models and that the sheet does not work with the v-rod at all.

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
welcome, nobozos!

Looks like a good weekend coming up. Hope you get another 500 miles on it!

Any pictures yet?

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
:stupid: ;) The madness has just begun! :cool:

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
Welcome...
Who cares what we think! It's yours, and more power to you making it as individual as you can! Welcome!
Mike

·
Registered
93 Posts
:vrodforu: Keep it loud! The vrod is a play ground and you can make what you want of it. Samson short slashers on mine and I'll admit I may have lost some power, but still can out run almost everybody. Have fun.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I meant by out running everybody as in other bikes not other v-rods.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
bcd,
You Better Clarify! :spank: ;) :kaz:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts