Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to wait till the vrod was back together but I just fibished the air brushing on my tins and couldn't wait to show them off. The pictures don't actually do it justice, the flash just makes all the colors blend and with the pearls it just flashes. The frame is majik blue pearl which I don't think looks that special on flat surfaces but like any pearl on curved surfaces really pops. This also makes a great paint for the V-rod frame.
The fenders and air box cover are flamed over black but tipped out with the magik blue pearl.

I can not wait to start the re-assembly.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Holy balls! That's awesome!

·
Registered
28 Posts
My god can u do a paint job for me too?? Lol good idea on painting the frame also!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the compliments guys. I appreciate the positive feedback as well. I am my own worst critic and hard on myself but I was pretty happy with this project. Nice to hear others like it too.

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
very nice.. good work man

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
That frame picture reminds me of the big blue dude on the movie Watchmen. Can't wait to see the finished pics!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pictures just don't capture the true color of it. It really is a dark blue honest lol. It's the pearl that makes it deceptive lol gonna start assembly tonight. I got my manual for torque specs and good to go!!!

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Sweet! Love blue flames! Great job! Can't wait to see it together! Joe

·
Elephant Motors Rock
3,505 Posts
Sharp! Sometimes those long winters up there produce a nice benefit!

·
Crash Bandacoot
1,431 Posts
blue..

wow..my fav color too! :) Just lookin' at the frame,then thinkin' about the reassembly..wire harness..every nut and bolt..man I hope you took pics BEFORE/DURING disassembly lol.. I'd be scratchin my head.
Awesome paint brother,cant wait to see it fully reassembled.
BTW..do you do skullz?? lol

Jim

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I didn't really take too many pictures. I bought the Harley manual for torque specs and adjustments on belt and forks but that about it. I have a really big garage so when I disassembled I laid it all out so I am not too worried. There really isn't too much to it by comparison to a car or truck and I am an automotive mechanic so it's jut another toy with wheels lol.

Yeah I do skulls to, anything I can draft on to a piece of paper transfer then enhance. Airbrushing is kind of the same starting principles as tattoo work that way.

Thanks again for the compliments guys. I am assembling today and polishing parts as I go, not sure how far I will get but still have a few weeks before riding season.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts