Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
by using the search - i found that H-D coolant is Peak global lifetime in the gold bottle. went to o'reilly, autozone, advanced auto & even wallmart - - - NOBODY HAD IT. the only had Peak in the blue bottle. H-D only had PINT size bottle in stock!! at $11 PER PINT! my last stop will be NAPA - - after that i'm buying Dexcool.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i went on Peak's website - - - they don't make the gold bottle stuff anymore - that will expln why all the stores only had the blue bottle in stock - i will buy the blue bottle coolant

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
Dexcool works just fine. Been using it in my 2007 since first coolant change many moons ago. Bike has 180,000 miles on it.

·
Warming sceptic
127 Posts
Nothing 'special' about HD coolant - except the price! Any ethyl glycol based one should do. Dex-cool seems to be favoured by many.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey rusty - - do u still have the valve adjustments done - being that the bike has 180k miles, i would think all the mating wear in that area is done. i had mine checked at 10k, 20k & 40k - - - the last time they were out of spec 4 decimal points out .0001". i don't think is needed any more, so now at 60k, i'm not doing the valve check

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
hey rusty - - do u still have the valve adjustments done - being that the bike has 180k miles, i would think all the mating wear in that area is done. i had mine checked at 10k, 20k & 40k - - - the last time they were out of spec 4 decimal points out .0001". i don't think is needed any more, so now at 60k, i'm not doing the valve check
The last couple of times there was no need to replace shims. Everything was within specs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.