Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Fam, does anyony know if it is possible to lock the seat on a DX??

Can it be done?

Does anyone sell it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
:them:

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
janoble08, no it doesn't.

Most people just buy a locking gas cap to keep their fuel from being siphoned.

·
Premium Member
11,353 Posts
If the key is located below the seat then it has a locking mechanism otherwise you can't lock the seat.
If you are trying to prevent gas from disappearing there are several threads about locking gas caps and what brands fit and what doesn't. Use search to find the threads.

Here is one LINK

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
The non-locking seat is a harley down grade!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If the key is located below the seat then it has a locking mechanism otherwise you can't lock the seat.
If you are trying to prevent gas from disappearing there are several threads about locking gas caps and what brands fit and what doesn't. Use search to find the threads.

Here is one LINK
Yep the fuel for one but more about the PowerCommander. Wouldnt want it to go missing....

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
yes lock the ign, switch it locks the seat too
I hope the pics in your gallery is not your bike. Its a DX.... Anyone knows you can't lock the seat on it...

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am also sad about this missing feature.
Thankfully you could get a lockable gas cap for the DX.
I took the gas cap of a Volkswagen(Golf 2) which will fit and only is about 15$.

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
Trying to find that lock in the youtube video.

Keychain alarm fob is nice, but I know I could have the thing out and stomped on in about 20 seconds. You can get the seat open, remove the 13mm seat pin and 10mm nut without setting it off (since it uses the lean sensor in the TSSM), remove passenger set (likely without setting it off - I'll test this theory one day) and have the security module out in no time.

Locking the seat to the pin would likely make them have to shake the bike enough to set the alarm off trying to get past it - also would secure the airbox cover too (and keep them away from the battery).

As an old B&E artist (tales of a mis-spent youth, statute of limitations long since EXPIRED) I know there's nothing that can't be STOLEN if you want it BAD ENOUGH. Funny though, my old B&E partner does SECURITY CAMERA'S now, and we go out and do "security assessments" together at our clients (kinda like casing the joint).

Rick

·
HzdPay
354 Posts
Hi Fam, does anyony know if it is possible to lock the seat on a DX??

Can it be done?

Does anyone sell it?

Thanks.
once the weather warms up enough for me to put down the epoxy in my garage, I'll set my shop back up and will be making a lock for my seat to protect my power commander, documents and gas....If you like my design I'll make you one as well, provided you pay for the parts and shipping.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds good, keep me posted....

·
Registered
171 Posts
:eek:fftopic: I know but how do you see someones gallery, and my 08 dx seat wont lock!!

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Corbin saddles lock. The AW saddle fits a DX.

·
HzdPay
354 Posts
yeah, I've seen those but I'm not a fan of ribbed leather and I just cant bring myself to pay $600 for a seat to lock when I can do the same thing to the one I already paid for. It'll will cost about $20 in parts and an hour or two in labor.

Now I may contact them down the road and have corbin make me a custom seat the way I prefer, but I have way more important alterations to do first ;)

·
Banned
4,421 Posts
i have the locking gas cap but i would rather have the seat lock.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts