Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at getting the Killerglass , have searched and read up on install etc... but just a few extra questions if you can help ?

1) It says you lose a little coolant , do you just top up via bottle or do you have the re-bleed system ?

2) my coolant is light green (HD) looking for red LED do i have to change to coolant to a different colour ?

3) can i just wire the LED to an IGN feed so that it comes on with IGN i.e can the LED stay on at all times when engine is running ?

4) any one had any problems with theres leaking ? bit nervous about cutting hose's etc...

any advice would be great.

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
looking at getting the Killerglass , have searched and read up on install etc... but just a few extra questions if you can help ?

1) It says you lose a little coolant , do you just top up via bottle or do you have the re-bleed system ?
Dunno about the killerglass but i've changed the hose - you will lose a little coolant .
Top it up via the overflow bottle.
Don't overfill it , otherwise your bike will do a little wee when it gets hot and expands the excess coolant out of the overflow , and you'll have to pull over whilst you find out the cause as thousands of other bikers ride past and laugh.
Don't ask me how I know.....

Steve

·
Registered
821 Posts
I'm also interested in KillerGlass, but stopped looking after reading other threads where members had problems with little black 'floaties' visible in the clear hose. Is that still an issue?

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stevel = mine did that for weeks until they found out it was the head gasket blown !

think the bits in the coolant is a bit of "luck of the draw" will all depend on your bike , its not the kileer glass , but the metal hoses on your bike and i assume the paint they use , some will some won't.

·
Smokebomb King
5,211 Posts
have the killer glass, you can just top off the bottle you won't lose that much. you can run the LED to any power source you like. It can be on at all times without an issue. As for coolant, if its green and youre running an a red led you will get those two colors mixed. Just go buy a dex cool rated coolant, most are reddish or orange. I didnt even know HD's was green now, mine came red from the factory. and if you do the instructions properly you wont have any leaking. mine has been on for a couple years without issue

·
Fat and Fast
223 Posts
I havent had any trouble with my killer glass. My bike came with the dexcool as well the redish orange, have never heard of a v rod with the green. But a pretty easy install, you loose some coolant just replace. I have mine wired to wire in the headlight harness, that isnt used for anything, so when I turn ignition on, headlight comes on so does the killerglass. If I remember correctly its an orange wire with white stripe. Hope I was of some help.

·
Life's Circle
6,040 Posts
No problems with mine.

·
Voluptuous 'V'
515 Posts
Killer Glass

No leaks from mine after 3 years.
No problems with little or large black 'floaters'.

The Heat-Shrink tubing (Gates Clamp) can be a bitch to cut and some use a soldering iron to 'cut' it. Set everything up and fit-check before heating/shrinking it down and be careful not to damage the LED and wires. The Killer Glass mod is what most unknowing people ask about on my V-ROD (sometimes while waiting for a traffic light). Due to the color of the antifreeze (Orange/Red) most think they are seeing a gas or an oil line.

The guys at Killer Glass are great with any questions or issues.

Plus, it look great at night!

Good Luck...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts