Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Seeing this makes me wince. Aside from safety issues... I use Finite Element Analysis software in my line of work. A stock V-Rod was not designed to handle that kind of stress load. Just a few of those wheelies and your V-Rod won't be the same - I promise you. You're just loosening up all those nice tight tolerances and potentially creating stress fractures.

·
4,638 Posts
That has to just beat the hell out of the bike.... Dose the words front end klunk ring a bell?

·
Fries with that?
1,541 Posts
Definitely not a photoshop. We were watching a stunt video at the Rosemont show yesterday and I remember seeing it. Wish I could recall which group it was tho.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Stress Analysis

Here's a simple little simulation of a control arm from a CART race car taking excessive abuse... similar to that of a heavy V-Rod front end exerting forces on the triple tree and forks assembly from a wheelie slam.

Blue areas are within factor of safety... Red is... Well, Red is bad! :)

Leon

PS: If I had some of the V-Rod parts , like the triple tree modeled in 3D and I knew what the approx loads were for dropping the front wheel down after a wheelie, I could find out just how bad it would be.

Attachments

·
Petrolhead
414 Posts
This is the guy, Craig Jones and what he can do with a bike defies belief.
I had the pleasure of seeing his performance at the Harley show in Barcelona last year.....amazing.

http://www.craigjones.com/

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
Ricky G. said:
Yes... It's a small village just south of Hanau Germany where I met a young girl named HELGA we drank wine and............ :laugh: :laugh:
WINE :confused: I thought beer was Germany's drink of choice :cheers:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
No it can be done just not by any members of this forum! :whack: At the track"sticky surface" I can"get the front wheel in the air"pretty easily.On the street it's much harder and believe me I try! :( It just spins! :mad:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
WHEELIES!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts