Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
HOTSH
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I load my new RT software onto more than 1 computer? I just recieved it and I want to put it on my home pc so I can start reading up on it, but I want to get a used lap top for when it comes time to actualy use it on the bike. The only reason I ask is that some industrial software can only be loaded on one comuter you have to have a liecence inorder to download more than once. The second computer will load the software but it won't allow you to use it.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
You can load the software on as many computers as you need (so long as they are your computers). Since you only have one hardware lock and cable set you can only datalog and program using one computer at a time. The hardware lock is what makes sure you aren't violating copyright laws.

It's common to load the software on both a laptop and desktop computer and transfer files between them. I like the larger screen and better keyboard/mouse on my office computer when I'm making changes and printing charts. I actually use my wireless network to dump the datalogs and MAP files right into my office computer from the laptop in the garage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts