Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly I would like to say hello to all. I am new here and to Harley's
I just got myself a Vrscdx from 08 and am loving it!
I have to do a sound test with the bike to import it and as it is fitted with a thunderheader exhaust I dont think it has a chance in hell of passing!
My question is: can i fit the stock system (which i do have) and run it to the test then refit the thunderheader without messing with the power commander settings?

I would be running the bike for 1 hour tops, but dont want to damage it in any way.

FYI the power commander III is from Dyno jet, and it is also fitted with a k and n filter but i do have the stock filter also.

Any help for a newbie would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,718 Posts
Yes, it will just run rich.

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
replace the pipes and pull the Power commander off. You will be fine with that arrangement.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Ok thanks
I did not know unplugging the power commander would just put it back to stock settings. Makes sence now you have said it!!:banghead:

Thanks again
Great site

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
The power commander does not modify anything permanently. It just intercepts the ECM output and alters it to suit your needs.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
replace the pipes and pull the Power commander off. You will be fine with that arrangement.
:them: enjoy the ride

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks

Thanks for the comments.
Got the exhaust back on and power commander unplugged.
not taken it for a ride yet as waiting for a test date.:moped:

Can anybody tell me where the best place to get a service manual.
Is there anywhere I can download an electronic copy??

Thanks again!!!

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
Thanks for the comments.
Got the exhaust back on and power commander unplugged.
not taken it for a ride yet as waiting for a test date.:moped:

Can anybody tell me where the best place to get a service manual.
Is there anywhere I can download an electronic copy??

Thanks again!!!
The H-D manual is the best. Order through your dealer. Paper is the only legal version but you might check Here

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
everyone that has ever "downloaded" an electronic copy ended up complaining that it was a piss poor scanned copy of the actual manual and very hard to read

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
everyone that has ever "downloaded" an electronic copy ended up complaining that it was a piss poor scanned copy of the actual manual and very hard to read
Not from the site I gave a link to. Very good quality. As good as the original paper manual. Here is a couple of pages from a parts manual I scanned and posted on this forum.
They print beautifully on 8.5x11" paper also

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Leave the power commander, swap the exhaust for the test then swap back to the thunderheaders. If you feel like it, check your plugs afterwards for color.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts