Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately I live in a congested city and end up riding around very slowly using the clutch, as anyone else does, to control the drive. The clutch on the VRSCD is quite heavy after a while and I was wondering if anyone knows of any 'kits' to make the actuation operation lighter?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ref: the year of the VRSCD

Hi Stomper,

The bike is a 2006 VRSCD.....Thanks.........Does the slipper clutch have an easier operation?
I thought the slipper clutch was to enable change down without locking the rear wheel?

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,403 Posts
I believe the Slipper clutch requires about 30% less pulling power on the clutch lever. There is some threads on here regarding that somewhere.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
The slipper is easier to pull and control in traffic than the 2006 setup.I thought they claimed a 20% difference.I've ridden some new V-Rods w the slippers in them and there wasn't a big difference,but it was noticeable.I came off some little Hondas and an old cable clutch Harley that had very easy pull effort,so this really made my 03 V-Rod seem very stiff.It took a couple of months for the muscles in my arm to build up and now the stock V-Rod clutches feel normal to me.Only reason I havn't installed a slipper in either one of my V-Rods is because the setup I have in them now works great.
The slipper is a nice upgrade and cheap for what they supply,so you won't loose out completely if you aren't totally satisfied w the pull effort reduction.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to everyone who replied to my thread. It has given me some food for thought. I am used to riding sport bikes for the European market, which do have very light clutch operations....... I compare my V Twin Aprilia which has a great clutch operation. Still love my V-Rod though!!!

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
Just out of curiosity, does it provide any "performance" improvements, or only the hand effort relieve? Thanks and sorry for the highjack...:)

the slipper is easier to pull and control in traffic than the 2006 setup.i thought they claimed a 20% difference.i've ridden some new v-rods w the slippers in them and there wasn't a big difference,but it was noticeable.i came off some little hondas and an old cable clutch harley that had very easy pull effort,so this really made my 03 v-rod seem very stiff.it took a couple of months for the muscles in my arm to build up and now the stock v-rod clutches feel normal to me.only reason i havn't installed a slipper in either one of my v-rods is because the setup i have in them now works great.
The slipper is a nice upgrade and cheap for what they supply,so you won't loose out completely if you aren't totally satisfied w the pull effort reduction.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts