Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
Black 2007 VRSCD
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
It was the tuner :(
Removed the tuner, reset the code and the injector error is gone. The people at Cobrausa.com got much nicer then the original call and very fast with help. They said if I got it in today they would ship a new or repaired one on Monday. I'm sure that means if it was the products fault and not something I did. So that is a huge relief I should be headed back to Tennessee in a few weeks and wanted to take the bike. We are bailing on CA. like most people. :) So I will try to drop it off Tomorrow or Monday depending on if they are open on Saturdays.

So all should be good again once I get a replacement. And no new learning curve I already know the numbers that work well for my bike and keep me 37 to 40 MPG.

Thanks for the replies and help as always this forum is the best!

·
Registered
Black 2007 VRSCD
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
The bike is still down they are still looking at the tuner at the lab. I think I will be shopping for a new tuner. :( No idea from them on how long it can take, then they may just say not under warranty. So I'm looking at other tuners.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Tried a few different fuel managers ................ PCV and Tab fuels managers........ sent my ECM (ECU) out to fuel moto with the modifications I have made, cost $270 but lifetime free remapping for future upgrades or putting it back to stock. They dialed it in perfectly, no complaints here. You can pick up a used ECM offline and have a spare to use while waiting for the mapping to be done.

·
Registered
Black 2007 VRSCD
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Tried a few different fuel managers ................ PCV and Tab fuels managers........ sent my ECM (ECU) out to fuel moto with the modifications I have made, cost $270 but lifetime free remapping for future upgrades or putting it back to stock. They dialed it in perfectly, no complaints here. You can pick up a used ECM offline and have a spare to use while waiting for the mapping to be done.
These guys?
Fuel Moto - Motorcycle EFI Tuning, Exhaust Components & Performance Components
I don't see the send it in option and as always the ones I like I can't get shipped to where I'm at right now. I will need to ship to the new place, have them ship it back to me. Such a pain being in California right now. When this house is sold I'm never looking back! :)

·
Registered
Black 2007 VRSCD
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I was looking at this one Dynojet - Power Vision PV-1 Black for Harley Davidson J1850
"Dynojet - Power Vision PV-1B for Harley Davidson J1850" If that has an option to auto-tune while you drive then re-program to the auto-tune it found.
I think I can see a "AutoTune" on the screen.

The other one I was looking at was a "Power Commander V" but that one I'm just not sure how many pieces you need to make it work! LOL But I really think I just want to do the re-program route this time. Unless of course they fix the other one under warranty in the next few days.

·
Registered
663 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sorry for the bad info .............. checked their website and didn't see the ECM program option that I purchased back in 2016 .......... I sent them a email inquiring what happened, they responded below ....... I sent them another email asking if they were going good for the remapping I purchased back in 2016 ........... still waiting for a reply ........ I'd do a search and see if anyone else offers this service because they were spot on with the mods i've done to my R ..........

"Good Afternoon Wayne,
Thank you for reaching out to Fuel Moto.
We are know longer programing ECUs - I would suggest your friend purchase a Dynojet Power Vision.
Please feel free to reach out with any additional questions
Thank you.........Tony Long"

230 Allegiance Ct.
Appleton, WI 54913
Sales/Tech 920-423-3309
Specializing in EFI tuning and Exhaust components
www.fuelmotousa.com

·
Registered
Black 2007 VRSCD
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Sorry for the bad info .............. checked their website and didn't see the ECM program option that I purchased back in 2016 .......... I sent them a email inquiring what happened, they responded below ....... I sent them another email asking if they were going good for the remapping I purchased back in 2016 ........... still waiting for a reply ........ I'd do a search and see if anyone else offers this service because they were spot on with the mods i've done to my R ..........

"Good Afternoon Wayne,
Thank you for reaching out to Fuel Moto.
We are know longer programing ECUs - I would suggest your friend purchase a Dynojet Power Vision.
Please feel free to reach out with any additional questions
Thank you.........Tony Long"

230 Allegiance Ct.
Appleton, WI 54913
Sales/Tech 920-423-3309
Specializing in EFI tuning and Exhaust components
www.fuelmotousa.com
Thanks for the help.
And this is the one I'm looking at "Dynojet Power Vision" I don't mind doing the mapping. Plus I have an odd system I'm using Dyna mufflers LOL so I like the pick a map then drive under Auto Tune, reprogram, do it again. Then NOT having it on the bike! Still haven't heard from Corba (It's only been EIGHT DAYS GRRRR) I'm giving them two more days then I will just get the "Dynojet Power Vision". It's to bad the Fi2000R worked really well and I know the settings already. :( With the Dynojet Power Vision I will need to ship to Tennessee then have my daughter ship it back out here to me. :(

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
The PV requires a additional module to auto tune. You will also need 02 bungs in the exhaust.

Reactions: beast-usa

·
Registered
Black 2007 VRSCD
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
The PV requires a additional module to auto tune. You will also need 02 bungs in the exhaust.
O2 sensors I knew about. I was planning on adding them myself drill and weld them into the pipes.
But I thought the "Auto Tuner" addon was an option for on the fly auto tune as you drive. If you have just the PV you leave it plugged on auto tune then reprogram the ECM. Drive again, reprogram until you get it perfect?

·
Registered
17 Posts
FYI for those who used fuel moto ............

"How is that going to affect my purchase back in 2017 that stated lifetime remapping with my purchase ?? That was one of the reasons that I went that route, you would remap free when I made any changes or wanted to return to stock."
"Good Morning we still honoring all prior purchases – We just don’t offer it as a new purchase.
Thank you.........Tony Long

PS ..... "Such a pain being in California right now. When this house is sold I'm never looking back!"

Don't come to New York, my closing is almost done and I'm moving to a free state ...................

·
Registered
Black 2007 VRSCD
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
For us it's Tennessee we are already there. Just need to get this place sold, move a few more things and out of here for good.

California was a great place to live 20 to 30 years ago, but know it's ruled by CRAZY people. Newest insanity saying certain things (REALLY WIDE RANGE OF ANYTHING) that may hurt someones feelings can land you in jail with a fine! Not that you should be an ass to anyone, but trying to figure what hurts people feelings this week is just plain annoying. Imagine saying "Bless You" to someone and that hurts their feelings, they feel insulted, abused... (whatever the cry baby thing is this week) they call the police? Yeah sounds stupid but that's how prissy some people have gotten out here. And I'm old, not PC EVER and give a poo less what they want to hear. :) Then mention hunting or you own a GUN LOL and watch heads start exploding! LOL

·
Registered
Black 2007 VRSCD
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Headed to Knoxville at the end of the month to meet up with some friends from Chico, we met them on the High Seas Rally 2 years ago. Gonna put my R on the tail of the dragon..........
Nice that's right where we will be I hope before the end of the year 100% moved. But we have lots of horses lol and that's a slow move and LONG trip each time. Not sure I want to take the Night Rod on the tail of the dragon. LOL But there is some great riding in Tennessee and I love the TEMPS. Here either it's freezing or like now 100+ at 10 AM.

What state are you in? I'm going to try and do the VROD rally next year in I think it was Ohio? Too far from here not to bad from Tennessee.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I live in Upstate NY, near lake placid............ coldest populated spot in the northeast during the winter............ we do Laconia NH every year, great riding there

·
Registered
Black 2007 VRSCD
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 · (Edited)
Dam COLD lol I have a friend up there right on Canada's border. He sends me pictures in the winter time I get cold just looking at them!

But that sounds like a nice ride down to Tennessee. I'm thinking of making the ride up to his house once I'm moved.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Headed to Knoxville at the end of the month to meet up with some friends from Chico, we met them on the High Seas Rally 2 years ago. Gonna put my R on the tail of the dragon..........
The dragon is a lot of fun (been there, got the sticker). But there are other, better roads as well cherahola skyway comes to mind….
check out the big map at the end- a lot of the routes are marked.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Better roads, yes ........... but it's the tail..... have to ride it ........... we're planning on doing a lot of riding (she's not crazy about riding the tail on her freewheeler) .......... Took up Hydrographic film dipping last summer demonized my R

21 - 40 of 44 Posts