Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I was hoping someone on here might know or know how to find the paint code for the orange stripes on my V rod. It’s an 09 NRS vivid gloss black with orange stripes. As seen in the picture below. Thanks for any help anyone might provide! 5708F2D3-9EC3-4DBC-90CB-DDD8C7412D18.jpeg A1C02FE8-A306-4FF2-9D4B-DFEA1A0DF529.jpeg

·
Registered
681 Posts
you may have a little trouble on finding the exact same paint when the KC plant was open I got to know the master painter he did the one of a kind air box covers that Harley would give away in a drawing at the home coming rally . he told me that you could never match the Harley paint exact because they had it mixed to a certain formula so no one could ever match the exact color they had .He said people can come close but it never is the same. He said he did not even know what the formula was they just got the paint that was sent to them to use. a friend of mine wanted some orange for his night rod so he went to a auto body paint store and they did a good job of getting so close the average person would never know it was not factory.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts