Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
It is what it is
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is the question for this rookie (myself)? Cams I have seen offer to replace both intake and exhaust cams from Mega cams & etc; to completed my 2011 upgrades including but not limited to SE CNC ported heads, SE slipper clutch and Destroyer 58MM throttle body with matching injectors. Current setup is as follows: SE air filter, SE exhause and PCIII (new SE sparks plugs and SE full synthetic oil) Do I need to replace both intake and exhaust cams to match my setup? Having problems locating Stage 2 Cams, contacted BWCAM about 2 month turn around before shippment awaiting a return call from Jones Cams. FYI this is not a track or drag bike.

·
Buy American!
3,960 Posts
Here is the question for this rookie (myself)? Cams I have seen offer to replace both intake and exhaust cams from Mega cams & etc; to completed my 2011 upgrades includeing but not limited to SE CNC ported heads, SE slipper clutch and Destroyer 58MM throttle body with matching injectors. Current setup is as follows: SE air filter, SE exhause and PCIII (new SE sparks plugs and SE full synthetic oil)
I don't really see a clear question here. But even if I did, I probably couldn't answer it.

However, you mentioned SE spark plugs. They don't exist for the Revolution engine. They're as fictitious as fully synthetic SE oil.

You'd better read this before something bad happens.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
The cams in the Revo are just like any other engine,meaning that they should be chosen for the application.The 05 SE cnc'ed heads you have are the same as the cast heads that came on your 2011 1250,so there will be no gain in performance unless you send the CNC'ed heads off for custom porting.The advantage of the 05 cnc'ed heads is there is a little more meat in the critical areas for the custom porting.
There are a couple of venders here on this forum that either perform the custom porting,or have a wedge to companys that do it for a break in pricing.

IMO,you will see the best performance from stock with the SE catalog cams,exhaust and free flowing air cleaner,along w tuning the ecm by programming it,not the interupter systems.
surf around and look for the billet air cleaner and some other kick ass parts from the venders and make a solid decision before hind sight kicks your pocket book,and your ass!:)

check with Ken, o2man98 here on the forum.He knows a lot of people making and selling parts.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Go with the stage 2 cams , you will be very happy with the results.. on my 1130 with the S/E heads and Stage 2 cams I picked up 20 RWHP...

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Go with the stage 2 cams , you will be very happy with the results.. on my 1130 with the S/E heads and Stage 2 cams I picked up 20 RWHP...
Great 60 ft and et times in the 1/4 mile you have there.When I was making passes often ,I kept a 1.60 60ft time.I saw some 1.58's,but I couldn't keep consistent below 1.60 on my stock 1250 w a street tire.

Your 1130 saw a nice gain. Most is from the cams,but the heads helped too because originally,you didn't have the SE heads on the 1130.The 1250 heads have the same configuration of the original 05 SE heads,only cast.In fact,the 06SE2 has cast heads,only the 05SE had the cnc heads from the factory.

Surf this forum in depth because there is info and deals all over the place.
Here's one right now. http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146285

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
I thank his bike is a 03, thats the only V he list in his sig nut it does read that he's working on an 2011....

Thanks, I usually am in the 1.62-1.65 range.. With R&D doing my tranny and going to MTC clutch, chain/wheel conversion and the Shinko Hook up Im hoping for some 1.50-1.52 or better...

·
It is what it is
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The SE sparks plugs part # is 32186-10 fits 02-later VSRC models with stock compression ratio.

·
Buy American!
3,960 Posts
The SE sparks plugs part # is 32186-10 fits 02-later VSRC models with stock compression ratio.
Nope:

HD Screamin Eagle Performance HC Spark Plugs 32186-10

Screamin' Eagleå Street Performance Spark Plug - High Compression Applications

Screamin' Eagleå ST Spark Plugs feature double platinum coating for superior erosion resistance and extended life. The "V" trimmed ground electrode reduces shrouding of the flame front to promote flame propagation, and the fine wire center electrode enhances start ups and ignitability. Screamin' Eagleå ST Plugs feature Ribbed Core Technology (RCT) that provides resistance to fouling, and are designed with Original Equipment-style noise suppression to prevent electrical interference with radios and CB communication equipment. Works great in racing applications where rich air/fuel conditions are required. Unique style with Screamin' Eagleå logo.These plugs are designed for high performance applications involving modifications in high flow air cleaners, cam shafts, exhaust, performance heads, ignition components, higher compression ratios above O.E. configurations or engines specific for racing applications.

This product is available in multiple variations. Be sure to look for the one that fits the specific model and year of your motorcycle.

32186-10

Fits '99-later Twin Cam models, '86-later XL and XR models, and 1340 Evolution models equipped with Screamin' Eagleå Performance Cylinder Heads.

Click here.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Things that make you go hmmmmmm.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Nope:

HD Screamin Eagle Performance HC Spark Plugs 32186-10

Screamin' Eagleå Street Performance Spark Plug - High Compression Applications

Screamin' Eagleå ST Spark Plugs feature double platinum coating for superior erosion resistance and extended life. The "V" trimmed ground electrode reduces shrouding of the flame front to promote flame propagation, and the fine wire center electrode enhances start ups and ignitability. Screamin' Eagleå ST Plugs feature Ribbed Core Technology (RCT) that provides resistance to fouling, and are designed with Original Equipment-style noise suppression to prevent electrical interference with radios and CB communication equipment. Works great in racing applications where rich air/fuel conditions are required. Unique style with Screamin' Eagleå logo.These plugs are designed for high performance applications involving modifications in high flow air cleaners, cam shafts, exhaust, performance heads, ignition components, higher compression ratios above O.E. configurations or engines specific for racing applications.

This product is available in multiple variations. Be sure to look for the one that fits the specific model and year of your motorcycle.

32186-10

Fits '99-later Twin Cam models, '86-later XL and XR models, and 1340 Evolution models equipped with Screamin' Eagleå Performance Cylinder Heads.

Click here.
the only thing you have to watch is that some delphi engine management systems have a problem with fine wire plugs.. if you are using a sert or sepst you can disable the ion sense(knock control) if you are having an issue because of the se plugs,,i saw no hp gain on the dyno with those plugs .. just a heads up

1 - 13 of 13 Posts