Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Sock Monkey Express
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, had a cam cover leak on my front cylinder over the summer.
Had the cover replaced as the dealer said it was "warped", thus causing the leak.

Well.............now the rear cylinder has the same leak.

Thoughts? Because I really don't wanna spend that kind of $$$ again to replace yet ANOTHER cam cover.

Stock 03'

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,946 Posts
Do it yourself...If you need help just let us know.

·
Premium Member
11,364 Posts
I've got a used Cam cover I will sell you. Just tell me what one the big one of the small side cover.
Check out this Thread. The PDF file has pictures. Either Items 24 or 26/27 seems to be what you need.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Just for shits and giggles, check the vent hose for cracks and or leaks. It's much more probable that this is the issue, rather than a new onset gasket leak. (imvho)

·
Sock Monkey Express
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just for shits and giggles, check the vent hose for cracks and or leaks. It's much more probable that this is the issue, rather than a new onset gasket leak. (imvho)
Ya know, I did and it seems to be OK. The oil starts to "appear" along the seam between the cover and the head.
I'll try and post up a pic.

I'll get back to you in a bit on your offer Rusty. Thanks!
<Rusty, just checked your list- I have an 1130. Are the covers the same?, and I'm looking to keep the chrome that I have now, are yours?>

·
Premium Member
11,364 Posts
Ya know, I did and it seems to be OK. The oil starts to "appear" along the seam between the cover and the head.
I'll try and post up a pic.

I'll get back to you in a bit on your offer Rusty. Thanks!
<Rusty, just checked your list- I have an 1130. Are the covers the same?, and I'm looking to keep the chrome that I have now, are yours?>
Covers are the same for all models. I do not know about the "F however. And NO the covers are not chrome. They were taken off the bike when I installed the Chrome cover kit.

·
Sock Monkey Express
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Had the same problem and it turned out to be the breather hose rj referred to.

I'm gonna re-check it tonight.
This is what it's doing....
When it heats up oil starts to seep (appear) along the right side of the cover where it meets the head.
I've covered the top of the cylinder with a rag to maybe stop any oil from the breather from leaking down. T
The front of the cylinder is dry. Only the right side seems to have the oil appear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts