Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello gents, I picked up an 07 aw last summer and lovin it. It has 50k miles on it but looks pretty good. I am going to do the valve lash and I was hoping someone could help me because my dealer in Erie P.A. seems pretty clueless. I called and asked him if he could get me the cam cover gaskets, seems pretty strait foreword. Nope, kept saying he did not know if the ones he was looking at were the ones that I need. He wants me to bring my old ones in so he could compare them, blah blah blah. the closest dealer is 40 miles away. Anyways my questions are on Ronnies H-D online micro fiche there is a part number 17010-01k gasket kit, cam cover. Has anyone ordered these? Would I need 1 or 2 kits? Or should I just order the specific gaskets individually? I bought the service manual from H-D erie for $130 but all it says is to replace the cover gaskets with new ones. Also would I need the gasket guide for the one near the spark plug or is that something that I could fab up? Also to note that I ordered the hot cams 10mm shim kit hoping that it will work for my dream Harley. Thanks for any help, I do appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
17010-01K Gasket Kit, Cam Cover Service
'
One size fits all. One kit is all you need. It has gaskets for both cylinders

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.