Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Billy
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a puzzling problem with my Ford Explorer Sport-Trac. My left turn sig and brake have stopped working. I have checked bulbs, fuses and the ground. All checked out fine. There is no fire going to the wire at the light socket or where the signal light/liscense plate light/trailer recepticle wiring harness plugs in to go back to the fuse box. Also if I pull out fuse #3 and 7 that the owners manual reads are for the left-stop/turn/trailersocket and the right-stop-etc. the right sig light still works. All fuses under the hood are good. Can the flasher under the dash cause loss of power to one side of the brake sig lights. I actually bought a new flasher from Napa however it was an open box and would not work either side. I am stumped any help would be nice. Thanks

·
Billy
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have been reading about the multi-function switch on explorer forums. Anyone have experience with the mf-switch on an explorer.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Sounds like a Multi-function switch gone bad.

What year is your Explorer??

·
Billy
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gearhead99 said:
Sounds like a Multi-function switch gone bad.

What year is your Explorer??
My truck is an 01. i decided to take the MF-switch out and found the wire pulled out of the harness plug. It was an easy fix once I found it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts