Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Also posted this in the VRSCF forum.

I have a leaky non-drive side front caliper on my VRSCF 11'. Trying to figure out if I can rebuild it, where I'd find the parts, and if not, what my best replacement options are. It started leaking when I tried to retract the pistons after a wheel replacement.

Thx in advance for any responses.

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
Also posted this in the VRSCF forum.

I have a leaky non-drive side front caliper on my VRSCF 11'. Trying to figure out if I can rebuild it, where I'd find the parts, and if not, what my best replacement options are. It started leaking when I tried to retract the pistons after a wheel replacement.

Thx in advance for any responses.
There are no rebuild kits from HD. However there are aftermarket kits often seen on Ebay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HARLEY-BRE...06-2017-TOURING-BREMBO-CALIPERS-/201914868126

Ron

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. Looks like the rebuilt kit on ebay is about $50. A new caliper assembly from the dealer is $219. Aftermarket calipers on jpcycles and elsewhere are at least $300. I'd have to pay my guy to rebuild these as I've not done one prior and probably don't have the tools anyway. Looks like I might as well buy a new one. Thx again for the replies.

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
I have a right side caliper off a 2007 VRSCX pn# 44505-06A silver right side front if you feel the need to replace it. Check your part number for compatibility.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a right side caliper off a 2007 VRSCX pn# 44505-06A silver right side front if you feel the need to replace it. Check your part number for compatibility.
Thanks. Mine are black, in fact over the winter I've taken everything (mostly) that was silver and pc'd it black. Rbabos did link to a HD seal kit above. I'm going to bite the bullet and get a new one, AND the seal kit and them offer the other one up for resale.

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
Thanks guys. Looks like the rebuilt kit on ebay is about $50. A new caliper assembly from the dealer is $219. Aftermarket calipers on jpcycles and elsewhere are at least $300. I'd have to pay my guy to rebuild these as I've not done one prior and probably don't have the tools anyway. Looks like I might as well buy a new one. Thx again for the replies.
Simple as dirt man. Don't even need special tools. Only reason I'd ever replace them is if the bores are scored up.
Ron

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
Plastic Pistons???

from the ad said:
PART # 1702-0429 has been upgraded to billet-style pistons, replacing the plastic pistons currently being used
'
My 2007 certainly does not have plastic pistons. I assume they are aluminum or a similar metal, certainly not plastic. maybe that is why the offer has been removed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.