Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Vrodder since 2004
4,514 Posts
Hmmm thanks for sharing! I haven't done the Love Ride yet, but I'd like to!

·
Not 1 Serious Thread
12,942 Posts
bonketi said:
No you don't Violet, trust me.
I don't know if trusting Christian is sucha wise idea, ;) , but in this case he is ABSOLUTELY right! Ya don't wanna go. (and me you can trust)

·
CH3 NO2
632 Posts
Actually, she just might. This year, the Love Ride ends at Pomona Fairgrounds instead of Castaic Lake. Apparently, the Love Ride outgrew Castaic so they had to find a new home.

The good news is that this is now a THREE DAY event!!!

I'm going for sure. Maybe just for the drag racing, but still going.

M.

·
Not 1 Serious Thread
12,942 Posts
n6yga said:
Actually, she just might. This year, the Love Ride ends at Pomona Fairgrounds instead of Castaic Lake. Apparently, the Love Ride outgrew Castaic so they had to find a new home.

The good news is that this is now a THREE DAY event!!!

I'm going for sure. Maybe just for the drag racing, but still going.

M.
yeah a three day event pushing Harley Davidson and every single thing they can try and sell ya. It has gotten SO commercial. What happened to the kids? Wasn't this supposed to be a charity thing? Wasn't it supposed to be about "Love"? Looks to me as if all of that falls by the wayside when there's a profit to be made.

·
Not 1 Serious Thread
12,942 Posts
DrHeathenScum said:
California has a Bike Week now?
it's justa revamped Love Ride. Not really...

·
Peaked At Birth
5,198 Posts
I might not go on the actual ride but I'll definitely be down in LA with my bike for that weekend.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
bonketi said:
I might not go on the actual ride but I'll definitely be down in LA with my bike for that weekend.

we can always do the "alternative ride" as we did last year.
We have to get together if you come down for sure

·
Not 1 Serious Thread
12,942 Posts
PASCAL said:
yes. That was a lot of fun. We should.

·
Peaked At Birth
5,198 Posts
PASCAL said:
I was hoping for that Pascal. It'll be nice to see you guys again.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
bonketi said:
I was hoping for that Pascal. It'll be nice to see you guys again.
of course, it's always a pleasure you have you Christian
What about the others from N Cal? Axel coming this year, anyone else?
Guess we ll see when closer to the date...

·
Peaked At Birth
5,198 Posts
PASCAL said:
of course, it's always a pleasure you have you Christian
What about the others from N Cal? Axel coming this year, anyone else?
Guess we ll see when closer to the date...
I have a call out to Axel and Lori but I haven't heard from them yet. My guess is that they'll go. Steve is going on his new StreetGlide and another friend of mine is going as well. We'll ride down this year (no trailering) so I'll have to FedEx my stuff to the hotel. Or, maybe I'll buy saddlebags, NOT :hidesbeh:

·
Wet Blanket
3,044 Posts
bonketi said:
I have a call out to Axel and Lori but I haven't heard from them yet. My guess is that they'll go. Steve is going on his new StreetGlide and another friend of mine is going as well. We'll ride down this year (no trailering) so I'll have to FedEx my stuff to the hotel. Or, maybe I'll buy saddlebags, NOT :hidesbeh:
Make sure Steve locks his bike really good this year. I'll see you when you get down here!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I was looking forward to Love ride but after reading the post it sounds like a bad deal . I don't mind the marketing aspect but wondered about how you secure your bike , helmet , jackets ....if your walking around all day ?. Any way ... If someone is going to put together an alternative ride please post it or let me know . Is there a way to search the forum for member location and put out an email to all interested ?. Please keep me posted . I am tired of riding alone and never see another V-rod ...Just air coolers ..
Jeff

·
Trask Performance
203 Posts
The Trask Turbo Tribe will be there. We will have our trailer at the event. Hope to see everybody there.

·
Vrodder since 2004
4,514 Posts
I am going- at least when it hits Pomona- I have never been to a big bike deal (husband was always against it) so this year I want to go- Pomona is not a big deal to ride to from Temecula.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts