Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Ajax99nfg
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be securing a pair of stock DX shocks, I think they are 12" or 12.5" stock, I want to make them 11.5" so how do I calculate the correct cut? I know it would seem logical to just measure 1" or 1.5" depending, but based on what I have read in other posts, that doesn't necessarily make the shock 1 to 1.5" shorter, I would rather explorer this and try to determine the best way to address this issue before I just start cutting the shocks.

·
Ajax99nfg
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Liuna, hey I ended up not using the signal brackets, now I'm trying to sell them. LOL, hope this all turns out, I also scored some black bar end mirrors from BA49 and swapped my stock bar for a flat drag (painted black) I will post some pics soon.

·
Lifetime Member
5,213 Posts
Looking forward to the pics. Sounds like the dark side of my chrome, flat bar, bar end set-up.

Did you start a thread on the mounts?

·
Ajax99nfg
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no, I'm still focusing on getting my bike together, I made a mistake and took my r frt signal apart (don't ask) and caused a grounding issue, it has driven me nuts for the past 2 weeks, but I think I have it corrected, I plan on working on the bike tomorrow in between grilling, I also have a black CFR that I plan to wrap in header tape and mount, so I will post as soon as possible, but I am really into the black/darkside so any chrome I can loss I plan to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts