Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Sorry, danny1130
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In changing to the DX bar I did not change any of the cables, yet. The parts dude at HD said he would look into getting cables for me, and when he got back to me said that there are no cables for the vrod that would work for my set up ('04B with DX bars), because the DX throttle cables were the same length as my B cables.

I am now in possesion of some DX throttle and brake cables, and was wondering if the HD parts guy was right, and there's no point in switching, or if he was wrong and I should go ahead with the procedure?

PS, this forum we have here is the greatest place on the web, thanks to its members. Mikep must have seen the pics of my beautiful bike and sent me a pm offering to send my his BNIB DX cables at an enormously discounted rate. I can't thank him enough, and Max, of course, for making it all possible.

thanks again!

d

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
dannyvrod said:
In changing to the DX bar I did not change any of the cables, yet. The parts dude at HD said he would look into getting cables for me, and when he got back to me said that there are no cables for the vrod that would work for my set up ('04B with DX bars), because the DX throttle cables were the same length as my B cables.

I am now in possesion of some DX throttle and brake cables, and was wondering if the HD parts guy was right, and there's no point in switching, or if he was wrong and I should go ahead with the procedure?

PS, this forum we have here is the greatest place on the web, thanks to its members. Mikep must have seen the pics of my beautiful bike and sent me a pm offering to send my his BNIB DX cables at an enormously discounted rate. I can't thank him enough, and Max, of course, for making it all possible.

thanks again!d
Danny go ahead and try using your stock ones, if they are too long they will just bind up a bit and then you can replace them. There is a good bit of adjustment in them though so you should be fine.

·
Sorry, danny1130
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm currently running the stock ones, and what I've found is that the throttle cables don't run through the triple trees and instead point forward (toward the front tire) before being routed into the air box. Asthetically, its not ideal, but bearable. However, when I put the mirrors under the bars the pieces of the throtle cables that leave the housing interfere with the mirrors. I was hoping to get shorter cables so they run parallel to the bars again, and through the triple trees. hence the DX cables.

thanks smoothrod

1 - 4 of 4 Posts