Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buzz has a short very nice write up in the American Motorcyclist Jan 2011 issue.

Congrats on your ride. :notworth:

I would love to try this someday.

Great Job Sir. :moped:

Oh yeah I have a few questions for you...LOL :D

Rod

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
That was quite a feat. Congratulations.
Old v-rodder's rule.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Yep , read the Jan 11 issue of AIM and a good write up and pictures to boot . That is some distance to travel on bikes so old . Fair play to anyone who had a go .:notworth:

Cheers

Moto

·
Registered
600 Posts
I had a brief opportunity to meet and talk to him when the passed through Tuscumbia, AL. Amazing machines. Several of the riders were having trouble with ignitions due to heat. I could not believe how much oil those bikes leaked/sprayed/ lost. Many of the riders wore leather shin guards to protect themselves from it. Another thing that amazed me was the fact that the spak plug cables on many of the bikes were completely un shielded and could knock the crap out of you if you them. There were no show and shine bikes in that group. These were bikes that were ridden hard day after day and looked it.

·
Street Rodder
523 Posts

Well we sure had a lot of fun on that little adventure. It was the most fun and excitement and exchaustion I have ever experienced on a motorcycle.

None of this modern electric start, disc brakes, liquid cooling stuff for us (unless we were in the sweeper truck) :)

I got 2400 miles across the US on my 1915 Harley when my last spare magneto died and took me out of the finish. That was after one engine seize and another midnight engine rebuild.

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
I rated this thread as "excellent " for pushing it to the limit.

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
cannonball 2012 epic journey....

Well we sure had a lot of fun on that little adventure. It was the most fun and excitement and exchaustion I have ever experienced on a motorcycle.

None of this modern electric start, disc brakes, liquid cooling stuff for us (unless we were in the sweeper truck) :)

I got 2400 miles across the US on my 1915 Harley when my last spare magneto died and took me out of the finish. That was after one engine seize and another midnight engine rebuild.
It's that time again...
Sept 7th Newburgh,NY to Sept 23rd San Francisco,CA

I'll be riding my vintage 07 VRSCDX NRS in the opposite direction.
Hope to catch a glimpse of BUZZ screaming past me.

·
(Peter)
488 Posts
It would be fun to plan a ride like this with forum members. Plan a big loop across the country, a year from now to give everyone enough time to arrange their schedules. Pick up riders as we go from state to state.

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
cannonball meetup...

It would be fun to plan a ride like this with forum members. Plan a big loop across the country, a year from now to give everyone enough time to arrange their schedules. Pick up riders as we go from state to state.
I'm now riding my 07 NRS Cali- rat-rod-beast through Colorado Rockies .....and might get a glance of the canball run through Ohio or Pennsylvania.

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for posting.
this is always fun to read about and look at the pics.

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
Thanks for posting.
this is always fun to read about and look at the pics.

Congrats on completing the trip!!!
:them:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts