Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought some parts from BSL Performance Ltd also known as Vtwinshops.co.uk back in March got delivery in May, thats 2 months from Chesterfield, UK to Dublin 300 miles max.

Anyway was due a refund of £250 and you've guessed it cant contact them and no refund.:banghead:

When you buy on-line its hard to know if you are dealing with a real company or someone ( we call them knackers or robbing *uckers) working out of the back of a van.

The web site looks professional but they still have my money.

So you have been warned BSL Performance Ltd are non-performers.

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
Bought some parts from BSL Performance Ltd also known as Vtwinshops.co.uk back in March got delivery in May, thats 2 months from Chesterfield, UK to Dublin 300 miles max.

Anyway was due a refund of £250 and you've guessed it cant contact them and no refund.:banghead:

When you buy on-line its hard to know if you are dealing with a real company or someone ( we call them knackers or robbing *uckers) working out of the back of a van.

The web site looks professional but they still have my money.

So you have been warned BSL Performance Ltd are non-performers.
Did you pay by credit card or paypal? You have recourse if so.
I'm afraid there is no such company as BSL Performance Ltd registered at Companies House , so that's fraudulent representation or obtaining monies by deception....
And did they quote a VAT number on their invoice?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Steve

Paid by credit card through paypal, the credit card company will re-inburse me eventually but it should be noted that paypal do not sanction the company using their services and will only entertain a complaint up to 60 days after the transaction.

So if people think that they are covered by paypal think again.

BSL strung me along on delivery dates until I was outsides paypal's complaints timeframe.

No VAT number was quoted on invoice or receipt.

By the way are Vtwinshops or Vtwincustom registered at Companies House.

Take it easy

Martin

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
Hey Steve

Paid by credit card through paypal, the credit card company will re-inburse me eventually but it should be noted that paypal do not sanction the company using their services and will only entertain a complaint up to 60 days after the transaction.

So if people think that they are covered by paypal think again.

BSL strung me along on delivery dates until I was outsides paypal's complaints timeframe.

No VAT number was quoted on invoice or receipt.

By the way are Vtwinshops or Vtwincustom registered at Companies House.

Take it easy

Martin
Hi Martin - neither of those are registered either. Got an address for them?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No surprise there Steve.

I have an address for them, Robbing Bastard Lane, Chesterfield, is that the same as the one you have !!

Their web site is still up and running as i said looks pretty professional but from your info they are not a registered company.

How are you supposed to tell the difference between legitimate and bogus.

Thanks for the info.

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
hmm - is their address

BIKESPARES LIMITED
UNIT C3 LOWER MANTLE CLOSE, BRIDGE STREET
CLAY CROSS
CHESTERFIELD
DERBYSHIRE
ENGLAND
S45 9NY
Company No. 05646686

?

Thats who seems to own BSL Performance.
01246 251994

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Steve the actual address I have is:

BSL Performance Ltd
Green Lane
Chesterfield
Derbyshire
S42 6XW
UK

Skimbo if they were within range believe me I would pay them a visit. Maybe next time I'm over.

Has anyone out there had any dealings with them I surely cant be the only sucker I mean £250 not exactly going to buy you a first class ticket anywhere its really small time crap

Thanks again Steve.

Buyer be ware I suppose.

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
Steve the actual address I have is:

BSL Performance Ltd
Green Lane
Chesterfield
Derbyshire
S42 6XW
UK

Skimbo if they were within range believe me I would pay them a visit. Maybe next time I'm over.

Has anyone out there had any dealings with them I surely cant be the only sucker I mean £250 not exactly going to buy you a first class ticket anywhere its really small time crap

Thanks again Steve.

Buyer be ware I suppose.
here you go:

bsl performance
john carr
27a green lane
new tupton
chesterfield
Derbyshire
s42 6xw
United Kingdom Phone: 07980|137288
Fax: 01246 251967
Email: [email protected]

i'd give his mobile a ring if i were you

he seems to have had a few failed companies
http://company-director-check.co.uk/director/908600066

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/a4caa2747151dc10f565f50c97d745e9/compdetails

·
Good Muthafarka
11,223 Posts
Shit like that happens every where.....splash it all over the net......may not even be a real shop/factory address .....check google maps street view.....

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah Steve John Carr that's the man I was dealing with tried his mobile no answer. E-mail no answer, called his mother no answer joking.

Big Tony I live in Dublin Ireland on your maps that the little dot west of Britian getting to the rip offers would involve a plane or ferry to a different country England so google maps would give me their location but I would have no means of getting there.You big incontinent boys mean continent boys. Lol

Thanks for the advice

Martin

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah Steve last e-mail I got from John Carr was from a hotmail account. Says a lot. Another failed company!

·
Registered
962 Posts
John carr ?

is this linked to John carr motorcycles in Derbyshire ? seems likely ?

if it is John carr motorcycles he has been going for years and a few years ago spent money on improving his shop etc.... has had the shop there for as long as i can remember 10 years or more

John Carr has a website !

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi nfn.

Dont know if its the same guy but how many John Carr's are there in Derbyshire that run or ran a company called BSL Performance.

Does the John Carr that you know have his shop in Green Lane, Chesterfield ?

·
Registered
962 Posts
john carr motorcycles shop is 10 miles south of chesterfield , not saying they are linked but when i saw the guys name as John carr , and they were in the area , thought it may be something connected.

seems odd that all the names etc.. are together and close , why dont you visit the john carr motorcycles website , and call them and ask do they also have a compnay called BSL ? even if closed they may say yes we did but its now closed.

there a retail shop selling bikes etc... so would not think they would want negative feedback and unless people investigate the connections they get away with it !

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just to update on the 250 pounds owed from John Carr and BSL Performance.

Never heard from them again but was refunded by credit card company.
So it worked out for me but there are some amount of scammers out there.

There should be a name and shame wall on this site might help others from being robbed.

Take it easy

1 - 20 of 25 Posts