Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just found the site and have been looking thru tons of threads. I'm in the process of getting a '11 muscle black because i will probably have it painted later. a few questions i have about some mod's
1. can the exhaust be altered (can a guy get to the guts and remove them on the stock mufflers?) or is that just a waste of time? only reason i would like to do that is i really like the pipe look just not the sound
2. if i go with exhaust i would like to keep the duel pipes (one on each side) and dont really want it like straight pipe loud but looking for more growl what would you recomend?
3. if a do the exhaust, air fliter what other mod's would one recomend?
i have access to programming the computer but want to do that all at the same time.
4. lowering the bike, REAR: it seems like a few guys are having there stock springs shortend and some are using the bracket that puts the shock bolt in a different spot,,,so not sure which is better option or if theres anothe. FRONT: seems like the only option is to tear the forks apart and cut the stock spring inside it. are there other ways to do it???
THXS for all your responses and have a great 2011, regards, paul

·
Fah q 2
2,690 Posts
welcome Paul,
the best advice I will give you is, stay away from this site. your bike is great as is.
look in the F section for info.
And get you wallet ready

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
welcome Paul,
the best advice I will give you is, stay away from this site. your bike is great as is.
look in the F section for info.
And get you wallet ready
thxs, i wont be hitting it too much ( iuse had alot of bikes, hayabusa cbr, 5 or 6 ninjas, a few low cc streetbikes) so not concerned really about trying to get alot more power. So i guess i will look at mods to be more visual ( i will be getting it painted onxwi figure out what i like)

and pipes for sound of course

·
Registered Boozer
1,529 Posts
Welcome HANNY. My advice is to do nothing except ride the hell out of your new V Rod.

The stock exhaust can be modified http://www.v-mod.com/

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
1) exhaust mod is a fairly simple DIY click here

2) too many options to list, but many F'ers go with TABS

3) definitely will need and want some type of fueler. Many options and reviews listed in the EFI section of this forum

4) many lower the rear with air ride (Arnott's seem to be a fave), others order Progressive 440HD shocks in a shorter length. For the front, many choose aftermarket shorter springs instead of chopping the OE springs.

Almost anything you want to do or think of doing to your bike has already been done and pix and details are listed on this wonderful site. The search is kinda of crappy, but if you use the "google" search in the upper hand corner it works great. just type in: site: 1130cc.com, before your search criteria.
:welcome:

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1) exhaust mod is a fairly simple DIY click here

2) too many options to list, but many F'ers go with TABS

3) definitely will need and want some type of fueler. Many options and reviews listed in the EFI section of this forum

4) many lower the rear with air ride (Arnott's seem to be a fave), others order Progressive 440HD shocks in a shorter length. For the front, many choose aftermarket shorter springs instead of chopping the OE springs.

Almost anything you want to do or think of doing to your bike has already been done and pix and details are listed on this wonderful site. The search is kinda of crappy, but if you use the "google" search in the upper hand corner it works great. just type in: site: 1130cc.com, before your search criteria.
:welcome:
thxs for the info,,,,,,,I'm on a couple of forums (corvette, ez go, escallade) and they all seem to work a little different as far as searching and finding what your after. What would we do if we had to go back to the stone ages with no forums, lol. thxs again paul

·
Muscle Man
868 Posts
:vrodforu:
great forum, great bike, I've got over 5,700 miles on mine since mid august!! still stock

·
Throttle Happy!
797 Posts
just found the site and have been looking thru tons of threads. I'm in the process of getting a '11 muscle black. THXS for all your responses and have a great 2011, regards, paul
Welcome to the F'in family and enjoy the new ride!

·
Flat Broke
282 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts