Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys. I pulled the trigger. It's not here yet, but I'm getting a Night Rod (VSCD). I'll be changing pipes, air filter, and the seat. I've read the threads on all of the above. I had someone reccomend Binswanger exhausts to me. What do you guys think?

We'll see how it is.

Later

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
Rineharts or CFR are the loudest and best performance wise, IMO. Thunderheaders and the new V&H 2-1 also come to mind. The D's options are a bit more limited than the AW or DX due to the mid controls. But with a little creative engineering, you can make them work.

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
pacanis said:
Binswanger? Isn't that that smelly sandwich meat?
:D
Yumm...Braunschwager!

·
Registered
8 Posts
congrats... haven't heard of them either... i'm ordering the TAB setup soon... have heard too much good to pass on the setup... pipes, fuel management already mapped and high flow flilter all in one package for less than $500, and they have a new set with baffles... also a "blacked out" set. hear that they are wicked LOUD... still waiting to see the response on the ones with baffles before i decide. i want to buy pipes just ONCE!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
vrodderD said:
Rineharts or CFR are the loudest and best performance wise, IMO. Thunderheaders and the new V&H 2-1 also come to mind. The D's options are a bit more limited than the AW or DX due to the mid controls. But with a little creative engineering, you can make them work.
Thanks for the advice. The pipes were Bassani. I couldn't remember the name for the life of me (and the guy who told me had a thick accent).

Anyone familer with Bassani pipes?

For some of you guys I'd have to say that's some really weird stuff in response to a new member of your forum.

Later.

·
It's a way of life
169 Posts
Congrats and Welcome. Enjoy the ride.

·
1130cc.com PITFA
2,883 Posts
Here is what I could find

Bassani Xhaust has been a leading Manufacturer of High Performance motorcycle exhaust systems for more than 35 years. Our history dates back to 1969 when we began designing and building motorcycle pipes. Bassani really knows how to make a Harley® fly… on a mile track or down the road!

POWER CURVE - At last, Harley® riders can realize the benefits of a "True Dual" crossover system that performs as good as it looks. Bassani's "True Dual" POWER CURVE, patent # 6,804,955, is a direct bolt-on replacement for stock head pipes. Designed to give proper port angle and tuned rear pipe length. The Bassani POWER CURVE offers improved low-end torque, appearance and an unmistakable exhaust tone. Developed for use on 1995 and later Big Twins and Softails, each system is fabricated from 16 gauge steel, finished in show quality chrome and supplied with custom-fit heat shields. For a total custom package complete your POWER CURVE exhaust system with a set of Bassani's revolutionary slip-on mufflers.
SLIP-ON Mufflers for Road King®, Road Glide®, Dresser and Twin Cam88® models. Slip-on mufflers for touring models are available in five styles; slash cut, straight cut, slice cut, slant cut, and megaphone. Mufflers feature 4" diameter 16 guage steel construction with tunable and replaceable flow-through baffles. Mufflers are finished in a show-quality chrome finish.
PRO STREETS for all models. Shotgun design featuring stepped headpipes and tunable/replaceable flow-through baffles. Both slash and straight cut styles are available, as well as a forward control version for Sportsters®.
2>1 Performance exhaust system featuring stepped headers, true reverse cone megaphone muffler and a removable core with a polished billet end cap. Heat shields sold separately and available for most models.
RIGHT SIDE DRIVE (RSD) Available in either a performance Stepped header, Pro Street style, or a mind blowing 2>1 featuring; removable core and polished billet end cap. These systems will fit most RSD applications on the market today.

·
Safe and sound
4,589 Posts
:vrodforu: D&D makes a good 2:1 pipe also. Pics in my gallery.

·
Registered
552 Posts
"Binswanger" I thought it was another one of those Aussie terms.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
staticfiend said:
:worthless
As soon as my 2008 Night Rod comes I'll post pics. I bought a 2005 Screaming Eagle VROD that I'm trading in on the 2008 VROD at a trade-in price that is equal to my purchase price (gives me a ride while I wait for the order).

Know what my real struggle might be? I've been riding my Bro's Yamaha FJR 1300 and the VROD just ain't as nimble in the twisties. On the other hand I like the deep sound and the power band of the VROD over the Yamaha.

Who knows?

·
insane vrod posse...
2,018 Posts
DallasV Rod said:
Binswanger is a glass company.

Welcome and enjoy the ride.

OMG....GLASSPACKS... :bash: :stilpoke: :spank: :eek:fftopic: :chair: :angeldev: :bs:

DA CHERRY BOMB REVISTED... :hidesbeh:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts