Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I currently own an 05 Electrglide Classic thats stripped down to more a cruiser style as I ride solo 90%. I always had a sport bike at the same time. (last was an 04 busa). My wife made me retire the busa so now i'm lookin for one bike to serve both purposes, sport and cruise. I looked at the Suzuki M109 and liked it but there are alot of mechanical problems and the build quality is not Harley. (wow that sounds weird, Harley built better than Suzuki). My question is I like the mid peg possition on the Night Rod but it doesnt seem like a very popular rod as far as mods and stuff go. Is this the case or do I just not know where to look. The VCRSW seems to be much more popular. Any help would be appreciated. Shooter

·
Safe and sound
4,589 Posts
The only real difference with a D model is that a few exhausts won't fit with the mid controls. They are also now the only model with a 180 rear tire.

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
The D is a great bike! I don't know why it doesn't sell as much as the other models, probably because of the 180 tire and the mid pegs, as the fat tire/fwd controls seem to sell better. ?? I love the D and it is a great bike. It has a great following here as well.

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
vrodderD said:
The D is a great bike! I don't know why it doesn't sell as much as the other models, probably because of the 180 tire and the mid pegs, as the fat tire/fwd controls seem to sell better. ?? I love the D and it is a great bike. It has a great following here as well.
I would have an 08 D before I would have any of the other 08's. The new D model is the shit.

Like Tim said its only a few exhuast that wont fit it, no big deal.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Coming from a sportbike background, I gravitated towards the Night Rod and Street Rod models. In the end, the Night Rod won me over due to the mid pegs and lower seat height. Do yourself a favor and demo ride the V-Rod line at your local dealership. That was how I was able to make my decision with confidence.

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
91Vette said:
Coming from a sportbike background, I gravitated towards the Night Rod and Street Rod models. In the end, the Night Rod won me over due to the mid pegs and lower seat height. Do yourself a favor and demo ride the V-Rod line at your local dealership. That was how I was able to make my decision with confidence.
:them: Couldn't have said it better. Definitely go for a test ride.

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
91Vette said:
:them:

I came from a sportbike background and ended up on a DX. Talk about a paradigm shift. :kaz: =====> :biker:

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
I was surprised how much I liked the Nite Rod when I went and demoed the bikes last year. I thought I would be cramped from the mids since I am used to forwards but the position actually made the bike feel more "Responsive". The Rake is a bit different from an "A" model as well as the exhaust too isnt it?

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
Slight difference on the rake and exhaust bracket is totally different due to the mid pegs. But still plenty of options and even more if you convert to fwd controls.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I stepped off of a sport bike onto my "D" and have never looked back. Never got to go for a test ride, just bought the damn thing. No regrets.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts