Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at buying a 2003 V-Rod with less then 3,000 miles and said to be "near perfect condition". I have searched for similar V-Rods and I am finding prices all over the board. Can someone tell me what I should expect to pay for this bike? They are asking $12,000 I was woindering what a good counter offer would be?
Also, I am going to look at the bike this Saturday and was wondering if I should be looking out for anything else. Thanks in advance!

·
ramma jamma
687 Posts
miles?
any accessories?
service?
service records?
Chrome would be the big thing.....

·
Not 1 Serious Thread
12,942 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
bhawks said:
I am looking at buying a 2003 V-Rod with less then 3,000 miles and said to be "near perfect condition". I have searched for similar V-Rods and I am finding prices all over the board. Can someone tell me what I should expect to pay for this bike? They are asking $12,000 I was woindering what a good counter offer would be?
Also, I am going to look at the bike this Saturday and was wondering if I should be looking out for anything else. Thanks in advance!
Good Morning...
April 1rst (yes, April Fool's day) I bought a perfect 04 vrsca I found searching craigslist... It had been stored for years, the owner an older gentleman who loaded it will all the chrome the dealer could bolt on, Windshield, bags and more for $10,000... He bought it and scared the crap out of himself and tossed a tarp over it. This bike had just over 2000 miles when I went to check it out and was perfect... I've seen V-Rods around in this range so offer them $10K and print out a number of other similar V-Rods to re-enforce your offer???

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,412 Posts
Did you check the Classifieds on this forum.. I think there was some good deals going on for 03's... :notworth:

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Remember the golden rule of negotiating. Never accept the first offer. Ask for more than you want and you'll both meet somewhere in the middle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replys.
This is the only additional information I have on the bike:
Clip on windshield
Screaming Eagle pipe
Chip for power boost
K&N air filter
Two person seat and rear pegs

·
I FINALLY GOT BOOST!
3,944 Posts
DallasV Rod said:
Remember the golden rule of negotiating. Never accept the first offer. Ask for more than you want and you'll both meet somewhere in the middle.
:them:

·
Ms. Subtle
12,179 Posts
you also have to decide what its worth to you ..

my bike was worth the 14,500 i paid for it in sept .. it is a 2003 and when i bought it is was "new" had 6 miles.. never titled bone stock..

·
Billy
509 Posts
bhawks said:
I think you should determine what you are willing to pay for the bike and offer that. It is rare for anyone to drop 2K off the price. Also if it has any add-ons (like several) then that will save you a whole lot of money as you will probably end up buying them anyway. If the bike is stock I say offer 11k firm and be willing to sleep on it, if it is loaded with chrome and options offer 11.5 K and smile if you get it. Any seller will entertain a reasonable offer but you can piss em off if you lowball. Especially when they have 18 plus in the bike w/extras. I paid 13,500 for my 03 18 months ago and even though they are now selling for much less I an very happy wiyh my deal that included, saddle bags, sundowner seat, windshield, and chrome belt guards just to mention a few. Happy riding

1 - 10 of 10 Posts