·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
Qualifying Rear Tires:

ME880 180/70R16 TL 77H
ME880 200/60R16 TL 79V
ME880 180/55ZR18 TL (74W)
ME880 200/50R18 TL (78W)​

I wonder if they really check what bike you have? they've got listed the right size for the V Rod :hmm:

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
nevermind they don't have the right front tire, and anyway I'm not sure what the "TL" stands for on the rear :confused:

free Metzeler Valkyrie/VTX 1800 ME880 150/80R17 TL 72H Front Tire:

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Maybe the Honda is a size that is made by Many manufacturers and Metz is trying to get them to come over to their brand. The last thing I would do is offer this deal to a Bike such as the Vrod knowing full well there are only 3 companies making them, one is horrible and the other $75 more per tire. I think Metz has the Vrod market cornered. It would be like giving free Little Debbies to Fat asses, why they more than likely already buy your stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,724 Posts
so, if they really cant check, order up, sell the free one on ebay and get the right size for your bike, it shows you can get the 180 and the 200 series

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
wiley81db said:
so, if they really cant check, order up, sell the free one on ebay and get the right size for your bike, it shows you can get the 180 and the 200 series
Good point! It would be a nice way to get a free tire :D

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
It's not free, it's $25 for the front. Might as well be free, though.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wiley81db said:
Great idea! :stooge: It's so obvious it's brilliant!

I was looking at the site since I might need to buy another rear tire; just bought one last month, and found a nail in it yesterday. Didn't pull the nail, it's a slow leak (less than 5 psi overnight), but can't find anyone to plug it (yeah, I know the argument against doing it). So if I have to buy another one, I can offset some of the cost by selling the front tire. :D

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
If you are in Florida during Bike Week and Biketoberfest,Metzeler sets up at Millers on US1.They have a promo for all the tires they have in stock at the events,buy the rear and get the front free.It used to be you had to have them installed but due to more people wanting to carry out they will sell the tires only.They're priced right too.
I usually get a set,just incase.
Memphis Shades has a hell of a deal there too.

Elrod on the V-Rod:moped:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Buy Metz Rear, Front Free Promo -- for ALL ... at Biketoberfest

ElrodontheV-Rod said:
If you are in Florida during Bike Week and Biketoberfest,Metzeler sets up at Millers on US1.They have a promo for all the tires they have in stock at the events,buy the rear and get the front free.It used to be you had to have them installed but due to more people wanting to carry out they will sell the tires only.They're priced right too.
I usually get a set,just incase.
Memphis Shades has a hell of a deal there too.

Elrod on the V-Rod:moped:
:banghead: I wish I would've known about this. Can't do it now with the Biketoberfest only a couple of days away, but maybe next year! -- probably need a new set by then. Thanks for the tip!

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
The 200,240 and 260 Metz I run are the 880XXL series w 0 degree steel belt.The 880 is a radial and needs an * to designate 0 degree steel belt.In the listing I was looking in I see only 1 tire listed in the regular 880 series for 0 degree.Anyway average price on a 200 XXL is $165 and appr $8 for S&H.

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
Registered
73 Posts
I recently put on a 200 metz but my front tire is getting ready to change. If anyone can get me a front tire let me know. Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts