Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UPDATED, See page 4

Brothers/sisters, I was heading east from a stop on a road called Ina, crossing over a main street called Oracle Rd, and a Mercedes SLR Roadster made a left to get into a shopping center ahead of me, had I continued headed east at my rate of travel, I would have t boned the Benz. I hit my brakes and aparently they locked up, i felt the bike slide sideways...my rear end was paralell to the front, then I laid it down (my poor baby) and thats where it gets crazy. I must have released the bike, and flipped a couple of times (nailing my head in the back) sliding about 20 feet on the pavement I didnt want to hit my head again and keep from flipping so I did a type of push up with my palms on the floor and let them take the brunt of the road. I stopped sliding, couldnt see my bike, and asked the people that stopped to help me if anyone got the Benz's info, and no one did. I got to the ER via ambulance, and the gave me a series of shots, IV's and taped my head up pretty good.

I ended up with 9 staples in my head, and 3 butterfly stitches, my palms were eaten up to the muscle, my elbows and knees were raw and oozing, and my left foot is fractured. I wish I had worn my helmet. Next time I will, from now on weather it was to the supermarket, or local bank or a long trip..Helmet for me. Oh, and my gloves saved my hands from being much much worse. My jeans saved my legs from being eate up, and my leather ankle tied boots saved my ankles from snapping.

It just happend last night and I awoke this morning to tell you guys about it. I cant believe I wrecked my baby. I dont know how bad it is, and I have got to get ahold of the claims guy, get ahold of my dealer and all that stuff. I am gonna try to go to the supermarket and see if they have any footage of the Benz that caused it (as it was a shopping center he pulled into) If I find the guy, boy, he and I are gonna have a nice long disgussion.

Im ok, but in alot of pain, gotta get around on crutches, and my body is oozing fluids, my head too. I gotta get calling around and see how bad my bike is. Thank God for insurance..and GAP.

·
Another Ski season
2,631 Posts
Glad you are still able to post Bike can be repaired. Hope you/they find that driver as well. Heal well!

·
Registered
506 Posts
I shair you pain put mine down bad yesterday. I had a helmet thought.sorry to hear it get better soon

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,412 Posts
Damn, sorry to hear that. Certainly sounds painful.. Get well and get back riding again :moped:

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Heal up quick!

·
Sharon
23 Posts
Wow! Too many people I know are having bad luck on their bikes lately. And the sad thing is that in each case it was some other idiot's fault! When will people realize that those on bikes also have a RIGHT to be on the road! It makes me so mad to see a-holes driving like they own the road and that the people on bikes shouldn't be there!

Anyways I hope you get better soon!

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
That is a bad intersection. Ina road is a crappy street in general. Glad you can still tell us about it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Man. I'm starting to hate cagers more and more...

Two days ago I was cruising down a 40Mph street at no more than 40Mph (probably a little less cause I was enjoying the scenery).

All of a sudden a cager in a honda passport or something similar pulled right out in front of me out of his driveway and turning across my lane going the other direction. He was on the cell phone which was up to his left ear (I was approaching from the left). He pulled out right in front of me. But, luckily I saw him approaching and my ABATE training kicked in. I had to lock up the rear wheel and did a little fish tail to a complete stop. He actually slowed down as he was crossing my lane and stared me down like I had done something wrong. It was all I could do not to bust a U turn and follow this guy. Or, even worse, since I knew where he lived, do something naughty to his mailbox or worse. I feel for ya man. Glad you're ok.

·
Paintless Rider
1,326 Posts
Sorry to hear this. The more posts like this I read, the more ATGATT makes sense to me. Please heal up quick.

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
Damn...that is horrible!....I really hope you can get some footage of this guy,I cannot believe someone would take off after causing such an accident....man o man!..

hope you heal fast and your bike gets back to new condition

Dan

·
I FINALLY GOT BOOST!
3,944 Posts
raebear said:
Glad you are still able to post Bike can be repaired. Hope you/they find that driver as well. Heal well!
:them: Is it me or has there been a lot of this lately???

·
Noel
4,613 Posts
Sorry to hear this.

I've been in this situation, several a year plus ago on my Springer, I did my damn best to void hitting the bastard.

I did avoid hitiing hom, but not without loosing control & dropping the her.

15 months later still waiting for the insurance company to settle-up on liability claim. :wazzup: :deal:

Get yur butt to an Motorcycle Focused Personal Injury Atty ASAP.

Sith1250 said:
Brothers/sisters, I was heading east from a stop on a road called Ina, crossing over a main street called Oracle Rd, and a Mercedes SLR Roadster made a left to get into a shopping center ahead of me, had I continued headed east at my rate of travel, I would have t boned the Benz. I hit my brakes and aparently they locked up, .

·
Registered
142 Posts
Wow, that sucks!! Glad you're able to tell us about it though.

There have been alot of similar posts, makes me wonder how many members aren't lucky enough to get back on the forum after their accidents though...

·
Registered Idiot
5,461 Posts
Glad you are still around to tell about it. Most all of us have stories and scars from stupid people. My helmet saved my life, i'll never go with out again. Get the vid and the lawyer and hang his ass. Wish you a speedy recovery and minor bike damage.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Gdub said:
That is a bad intersection. Ina road is a crappy street in general. Glad you can still tell us about it.

10-4, although Phoenix isnt any better at all.

Im guesing by the description of your injuries you didnt have a helmet on? I know I dont wear one, although I know I should.

·
Registered
506 Posts

The neosporin with pain killer is a good send on the road rash!!!

1 - 20 of 76 Posts