Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Former Member
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may know, in the last 30 days parts of Wisconsin has seen torrid rains, flooding and millions in damages. Well, with all that rain came the mosquitos. They are worse right now than I can ever remember. Today I was riding to a friends daughter's baptism. The ride took me through the countryside. I came to a 4 way stop where a semi-busy highway intersected the sparsely traveled side road I was on. As I rode up to the stop sign I was immediately attacked by at least 20 blood sucking mosquitos. I quickly looked left, then right and said to hell with it. I did a rolling stop through the stop sign and took off like all hell, leaving the swarm in my dust. No more than 30 seconds later I saw the lights flashing in my mirrors. I pulled over and was again attacked by a flock of vampire mosquitos. This time I had no choice. I had to get off my bike and move back and forth in order to minimize the bites. I swear the county cop took more time for his own amusement. He did let me go with a warning for the failure to stop and did give me nice props for my bike. But not before I was chewed up. When I got home I counted my bites. 17. F-ing mosquitos! :soapbox:

·
Registered USDA
4,229 Posts
This sounds like that scene in Tommy Boy with the bees.

·
l337ub3rn00b
227 Posts
sorry about the discomfort man. But I think its funny. Especially since it didn't happen to me. Thanks for the laugh :)

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
:worthless

·
Army spark jockey
3,091 Posts
sorry to laugh, but from where I sit thats funny as hell

·
Banned
365 Posts
send some rain down here man. i was out on my vrod yesterday and passed by douglas lake in tn. it was about 200 yards low, no kidding. it awfull here. but your story was funny man. im glad you didnt get a ticket.

·
iTrader Technician
4,467 Posts
powergod said:
sorry to laugh, but from where I sit thats funny as hell
:them:

At least you didn't get the ticket.

·
THE DORK-ROD
344 Posts
I used to live by a dry dam so I can relate. You never went outside or touched the grass. One bad year me and a buddy were unloading a motorcycle, I looked up and the back of his white shirt was black. There must have been 400 of them just on his back. THE TERROR!!!! It'll make you cry for mommy.

·
Premium Member
2,900 Posts
Ha! Reminds me of the first night of a recent canoe trip I took with my son's boy scout troop to BWCA in NE Minnesota (Ely). The first night the bugs were UNREAL. (North Wilder Lake) Lucky for us most were outside the tent... until we got up in the morning.

Attachments

·
Darth Veeness
2,014 Posts
Looks like the biggest bloodsucker you faced that day was the county mounty. At least he had the decency to not add insult to injury by giving you a ticket. Buy OFF with DEET, that should help.

·
Registered USDA
4,229 Posts
VrodG said:
Its only the female that bites........:)
I didn't know that. Interesting how females in all species react the same way.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
VrodG said:
Its only the female that bites........:)
sounds familiar

·
Registered
546 Posts
for those who do not reside in Wisconsin, The Mosquito is the State bird.Our particular species is Drosophila Godzilla.

·
Former Member
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lol, thanks for the words of wisdom. I think the county swine felt for me, that and he rides as well. Still took him forever to write up the darn warning. I swear he was in his air conditioned cruiser, free from mosquitos, laughing at me as I did an Irish Jig to avoid the bites.

·
Revolution02
3,978 Posts
Let me tell you, yesterday my family and muslef spent some time on the Wisconsin River between Sauk City and Mazomanie. I do believe we used 2 cans of mosquito repellent. They are absolutely nuts this year. And from what I hear they are a different bread of Mosquitos. Flood water type or something. They are absolutely insane , cannot get away from them, at home or on the bike. I understand your pain brother.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts