Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you burn rubber on the VROD? You know, the one were the bike is not moving but the rear wheel is melting. :helpme:

·
FASTESTSTKBLTDRV
1,267 Posts
VROD AL said:
How do you burn rubber on the VROD? You know, the one were the bike is not moving but the rear wheel is melting. :helpme:
YOU ARE KIDDING ARENT YOU ? :rofl2:
EVERYONE HAS THERE OWN WAY,I LOCK THE FRONT BRAKE
REV TO 7500 RPM AND LET GO OF THE CLUTCH.(IN FIRST GEAR)
WITH WATER I USE 2ND GEAR.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rick Nielson said:
YOU ARE KIDDING ARENT YOU ? :rofl2:
EVERYONE HAS THERE OWN WAY,I LOCK THE FRONT BRAKE
REV TO 7500 RPM AND LET GO OF THE CLUTCH.(IN FIRST GEAR)
WITH WATER I USE 2ND GEAR.
Will the bike tend to swirve to the right or left? Any safety points?

·
Chad 02 V-ROD
1,364 Posts
start off in your driveway without holding the front brake and 50 feet in front of you leave your feet down lean forword rev it up and let out on the clutch.

:eek: :spit: :eek: :spit:

·
speeding safely
499 Posts
On wet pavement, just downshifting and gunning it will spin the rear wheel- even at 50mph. Not exactly 'burning rubber', but something I enjoy playing with on our rare rainy days in Tucson

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
VROD AL said:
Will the bike tend to swirve to the right or left? Any safety points?
You Squezze the Bike between Your Thighs and I Lock My Calves on the front of my Rear set pegs so I brace the bike there also! :cool: It keep the rear from going from side to side inless I'm Cleaning her off.When yOu get Good you can do Little Burn Out Circle Smillie Faces!I will be doing a Few In Laughlin Next WEEK! :diablo:

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
I did NOT hear that!!!

;)

·
Autobanmod
9,896 Posts
To be honest, I like to draw black lines down on the road with my little Volkswagen but there I just push the hammer down and it happens without clutching 'cos the power is sufficient to do so.
I recently tried it on the V-rod and decided afterwards that I like my bike too much (and work too hard for my money) to do this again.

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
Simply the simplest of tricks. Freestyle 101. Cool too.

The best way to start learning is to do it with front brake locked. Revs above 4k whatever the number will work with stock rubber. Do not "ease off the clutch" as much as just dump it, keep your feet on the ground always until you learn to do this with ease. If you don't just dump the clutch the learning curve will be less steep. It may be scary at first since you've never done it before and don't know what will hapen. Trust us :rolleyes: ! The rear wheel will just spin. Do not let it hit the rev limiter. Firm right leg will keep it straight. After that you can start doing any variations. I like best the rolling burnout at 10-20 mph. Better coming out of a wide corner. Watch out for cagers. When you have it "measured" try the front brakes during the burnout to draw whatever on asphalt. The V-Rod may not be the easiest but certainly not a difficult motorcycle to do this. Those 200 Metz sure do stand to a lot of abuse but ANY tire will not last long during this kind of rubber burning. There will be a lot of melted rubber sticking to the fender. If you keep it short lived :rolleyes: and below 8k bike should be safe.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts