Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies and Gentlemen, Thanks for the many hours of banter and discourse on the forum. The time has arrived and the R was sent to be consigned at my local dealer. Looks like an H-D employee from York will be the new, proud owner. It was fun, but spent most of it's 13+ years on the storage lift, oly garnering 5,922 miles. As they, whoever they are, say, "it's been fun, but I gotta run!". All of you, Be Well and ride safely!:moped:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ladies and Gentlemen, Thanks for the many hours of banter and discourse on the forum. The time has arrived and the R was sent to be consigned at my local dealer. Looks like an H-D employee from York will be the new, proud owner. It was fun, but spent most of it's 13+ years on the storage lift, oly garnering 5,922 miles. As they, whoever they are, say, "it's been fun, but I gotta run!". All of you, Be Well and ride safely!:moped:
Hey Mike,

I'm actually the one purchasing your Street Rod. I was combing the forums the past couple of days trying to locate the owner and I'll be damned your here. :) I've been wanting a V-Rod for awhile now, and when I saw your R for sale I couldn't believe it. Anyway, thanks for taking good care of her and I hope all is well and I'll take good care of her too..

Keep in touch...

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Good $#!t

I think the V-Rod is a cool bike and this is a cool story! :vrod:

·
Departed the Fix.
5,206 Posts
Speaking as a previous R owner, it's the best damn bike H-D ever built

It may be the "red-headed step-child" of the "red-headed step child", but man, what a hoot to ride.

I sold mine for medical (cervical fusion) reasons and I regret it every time I walk past the rest of the stable.

Good to know the bike's going to a good home.

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
R You happy ?

Certain Bikes are keepers, meaning it will probably still be in the garage the day after the owners big dirt nap. The R is one of those bikes. In the words of my old chief pilot that passed " It makes me feel special when I ride it " and that's from a pilot. ( Like flybigjet says it a hoot to ride ! :) Is it the quickest, most powerful, fastest, most comfortable, best steering street bike out there ? NO. Not meant to be. How about in the 2 up capable, good looking ( non transformers look ) sporty power cruiser category ? YES. IMHO its the overall experience the R provides the owner that makes it great, and its so stable - almost to a fault. Great to see the R turnover to you, youngsmith 53 - ( an actual H-D employee ) - so welcome ! Please do us a favor and tell H-D you just bought the best bike they ever built - and then axed. They deserve to feel bad about it. SAVE THE R's ! Ride 'em don't hide em ! :blahblah: :D

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Hmm. Sounds like we have a few pilots here. Me also. Sold the plane a few years ago and got back into bikes. Less overall bs to deal with.
Ron

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Keep in touch. I'll give the dealer permission to share my contact info. Have fun with her! Had a blast on each of the 5900+ miles. No qualms. Just felt bad every time I chose the Road Glide Ultra! BTW-I was also a private pilot, many years ago. Like the bike, a plane took a back seat to many other things. Ride safely!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have an 06 R model,I've always run auto oil in my bikes,I use 15w-50 Mobil 1 with a K N oil filter,I change my oil and filter at 3,000,25,000 on the bike in 14 mos.,runs great,friction zone on original clutch great.Dealer did valve lash motor internally very clean.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Happy ending

Certain Bikes are keepers, meaning it will probably still be in the garage the day after the owners big dirt nap. The R is one of those bikes. In the words of my old chief pilot that passed " It makes me feel special when I ride it " and that's from a pilot. ( Like flybigjet says it a hoot to ride ! :) Is it the quickest, most powerful, fastest, most comfortable, best steering street bike out there ? NO. Not meant to be. How about in the 2 up capable, good looking ( non transformers look ) sporty power cruiser category ? YES. IMHO its the overall experience the R provides the owner that makes it great, and its so stable - almost to a fault. Great to see the R turnover to you, youngsmith 53 - ( an actual H-D employee ) - so welcome ! Please do us a favor and tell H-D you just bought the best bike they ever built - and then axed. They deserve to feel bad about it. SAVE THE R's ! Ride 'em don't hide em ! :blahblah: :D
streetrodracer says it about as well as it can be said. When I want to have fun I get on my R and have a blast. youngsmith 53 You are in for a fun ride.

·
Say little lurk lots
27 Posts
Like Mike, I am also ducking out, although my seven years of ownership don't sound much compared to Mike's 13.

My trusty 2006 was registered 2008, must have been sat in the showroom a while. It's taken me to Scotland (600 miles in a day) and Luxembourg, and many places in between.

This forum has been a constant source of information and entertainment throughout and I thank you all.

Now for sale on this forum and other places, I hope she finds a happy home where someone else can have as much fun as I have.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Like Mike and Steve, im also off, dropping like flies we are!!

Had mine for 13 years since new, loved every minute of it, and I sure will miss it, but its time for a change, its time for a Ducati :hidesbeh:

Great forum here, great people, and I even include mikeinatlanta when I say that.

Have fun!!

·
The Massive Pr1ck
2,633 Posts
Like Mike and Steve, im also off, dropping like flies we are!!

Had mine for 13 years since new, loved every minute of it, and I sure will miss it, but its time for a change, its time for a Ducati :hidesbeh:

Great forum here, great people, and I even include mikeinatlanta when I say that.

Have fun!!
I love you too mitch. Enjoy the ducky.

My Mrs. was asking the other day why I don't give my Streetrod much love any more. I says that's what happens when you get old. I may keep you around, but I'm getting something younger and funner to play with. She was less than impressed with my wit. Imagine that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I love you too mitch. Enjoy the ducky.

My Mrs. was asking the other day why I don't give my Streetrod much love any more. I says that's what happens when you get old. I may keep you around, but I'm getting something younger and funner to play with. She was less than impressed with my wit. Imagine that.
That was perfect. I sent a text to my H-D dealer explaining that we had gf league Wednesdays, so could not get together that day. He laughed. Of course I meant golf league, but told his that gf league may be fun... "Hey, which hole we playin tonite?"

Thanks again guys.

·
Horsepower Whisperer
727 Posts
I see no reason to sell mine even though I only put about 1,000 miles per year on it.
Got a great deal on it from a fellow forum member. Cheap enough to insure. Fun enough to keep me interested even though I have several sport bikes that outperform it in every way.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey Mike,

I'm actually the one purchasing your Street Rod. I was combing the forums the past couple of days trying to locate the owner and I'll be damned your here. :) I've been wanting a V-Rod for awhile now, and when I saw your R for sale I couldn't believe it. Anyway, thanks for taking good care of her and I hope all is well and I'll take good care of her too..

Keep in touch...
Where are you located in? I'm in Windsor and often commute to Baltimore. Maybe we can meet up and ride sometime/ Introduce you to the Mid Atlantic Vrod Riders group.

·
Agave Idiots :)
337 Posts
Mike, good luck and cheers :cheers:

Youngsmith53, welcome and enjoy the ride!

Been on my '06 R for since"08, only problem is I keep on tinkering!
Pulled my engine once again for upgrades :D, in the mean time going to throw a slightly modified engine from a '05 SE in for shits and giggles. Building the original to a 1320. zoom, zoom!

Love the R, love to race it at the strip, always enjoy the looks and curiosity about the bike!

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
We need a "Save the R" T-Shirt !

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
I've been wrong in the past, and probably will be wrong in the future, but I think the VRSCR will come back as a collectable, like the FXR. I ride with HOG here in Central Oregon and get nothing but comments (good) about my VRSCR even though I also ride the FLHTCUI. I'm putting about X3 miles on the FLH vs. the Rod, but the Rod always makes me and my Mrs. smile when we ride her.

YMMV,

John

1 - 20 of 20 Posts