Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'v seen it done, but finding any kind of detailed information, schematics, or parts lists has been impossible. I have the headlight "bracket" and the complete headlight assembly off the 1125cr. But it is very obvious I am missing parts. From what little I can find online it looks like the headlight bottom mounts to the lower triple tree, but that is just a guess from what I can find in the service manuals I've purchased. This would lead me to believe either the triple trees need to be swapped as well (if they have the same spacing and tube diameters as those on my VRod) or the entire front end has to be converted.

Would really appreciate ANY direction someone can offer on this. I've searched tons of threads and posts but cannot find any clear information. As seen below,... it can be done. lol

Thanks in advance

Irish

ps- posted this in the suspension forum, but after 8 days it was still awaiting approval. so figured I would try here.

View attachment 604858

·
Registered
236 Posts
While I’ve never seen this myself, My guess is custom brackets were made to mount the lamp and faring, simply due to the fact that the 1125 has inverted forks and the bike in the pic does not. Cool concept, and certainly can be done, but fabrication will Most likely be required

1 - 2 of 2 Posts