Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Less weight and better handling. I'm gonna do the same conversion on my A this winter. I also might go with the Buell inverted forks too. Eagle HD will make custom trees for the conversion.

·
Banned
837 Posts
These bikes already sit pretty low. I'd worry about losing even more ground clearance. Other than that, I think it's a great idea. Run a search for Buell wheels. There are a few street rods out there that have done it

·
The Hawk
3,788 Posts
Did mine a couple of weeks ago and they are great. They do lower the bike 1" in the front and 1/2" in the rear but they are much lighter than stock wheels, about 30# and you can run some awsome 17" street/comp tires. The Buell front perimeter brake is very good too.

Mike

·
The Hawk
3,788 Posts
Mine was about $2100 total including new tires, with wheels bought on Ebay.

Mike

·
myvrodrocks
6,021 Posts
Does anyone happen to know the weight of the 2 wheels, without tires and hardware?

I am trying to decide between Hogpro wheels and these. Price is about the same. Hogpro wheels look better but Buell whells have the brake and the 17'' tires...

·
Registered
171 Posts
I just did mine this weekend, but I went with chain and sprocket instead of belt and pulley for drag racing purposes. I love the wheel conversion. Although it does lower it quite a bit. I know it is only 1", but 1" sure feels like alot. My only concern is that the kickstand might need shortened a little bit. Since I am mainly at the strip I am not worrying about it much, but when you go on rides and don't always have the best parking surfaces around it might become a factor. I also have 12" shocks inthe back and the tubes poked thru the forks on the front so that might play a part in it not leaning over all the way.

·
myvrodrocks
6,021 Posts
staticfiend said:
Smoothrod not in on this thread yet?

I spent all day reading Bad VRs thread hoping he put the info somewhere. Searching has come up dry so far and Eagle HD cannot answer an email to save their lives.

I even wrote to a company that makes carbon fiber wheels and they can't seem to get me an answer either...?

Hog Pro got me some numbers. The email is at work...can't remember exactly... 23lbs rear and 19 for the front...I believe.

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
The Buell wheels are much lighter than the hogpro wheels! The stock kickstand works fine, untill you start sliding the tubes up in the trees.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts