Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm new to 1130cc.com and have been looking around for things to do with my DX, so far it's been lowered with Progressive shocks out back, a set of Supertrapp Fatshots, the black ones, and the obligatory K&N filter. I've been looking around for some time now and saw Smoothrod's bike, which is about a good as they get in my opinion, and was wondering if anyone has put a set of Lightning wheels on a DX, I've heard they're lower from the factory and what I've read says it will lower the front of the bike about another inch or so, I don't know if this would make it too low to ride, but if not, I would really appreciate someone helping out here with a parts list or people to contact as I just want to change out the front wheel at this time. On a side note, does anyone know if Smoothrod ground off the caliper brackets on the left side of his bike, or is it a different set of forks? Thanks in advance for all the help. - Chas

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
I ground off the caliper brackets on one side then blocked and polished the rest of the lowers for Smoothrod. He had them powered coated black.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts