Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a notion to convert to a Buell rear wheel so that I have matching 17'' front and rear's when i fit my R1 front end. My search Mojo is failing , can anyone tell me what's involved?
Would it make sense to convert to chain drive at the same time?
Its this wheel - can anyone ID which model of Buell its from?

Cheers
Steve

Attachments

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
Looks like what was on my old '99 S3...I'd say it's from any of the tuber models.

·
Registered
271 Posts
It is a tuber wheel. All the BUELL wheel swaps I have seen on here have been using XB wheels. I think staying with the belt drive will be easier. JMHO

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have a notion to convert to a Buell rear wheel so that I have matching 17'' front and rear's when i fit my R1 front end. My search Mojo is failing , can anyone tell me what's involved?
Would it make sense to convert to chain drive at the same time?
Its this wheel - can anyone ID which model of Buell its from?

Cheers
Steve
I want to fit a ZX-10 front end to mine. what changes are you planning to make to get it to fit?

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
SAME WHEEL AS ON MY 99 bUELL S-3. Great wheels - light, strong, true. Go for it! jOE

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I want to fit a ZX-10 front end to mine. what changes are you planning to make to get it to fit?
So far a friend who's an amateur engineer has fitted the V-Rod stem to the R1 lower yoke using a top hat bush . I need to figure out what to do with the top yoke as the V-Rod stem is a smaller diameter then the R1 .
I'll post a write up of it with pics when i do it this winter.

Steve

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Seems like Trask don't read their e mails :(
Anyone got a scan of the American Iron article?
Cheers
Steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts