Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago, I installed Budman's 2.5" riser and windshield kit on my 09 F. Great craftsmanship by Budman and an easy install. Definitely an improvement over stock. Yet I'd still like the bars back another inch or so. I'm still leaning over forward a bit to much for my liking. I've ridden a lot of miles this summer already and my shoulders are feeling pretty sore from the 'clamshell' effect of the F.

So...my question is would the HD reduced reach handlebar pull back even more than Budman's riser or should i stick with what i've got? I hate to spend the money on the HD bar, riser kit and windshield kit that comes along with the handlebar since I've already made a similar purchase through Budman. Plus, I like the aluminum original handlebar on the F better than the reduced reach bar in terms of looks. Yet I'm still stretched out a bit too far for my liking. The soreness is for real; I've been popping pain pills like crazy for over a week!

PS: I've a Corbin seat but I'm open to adding a gel pad or anything to get me a tad closer to the handlebar or the bar closer to me, either way. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
206 Posts
:them:, plus you loose the original bars and if they do reach back any furthur you will have to put new cables on. I would try the seat options.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts