Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, just wondering whos done the budget 240 conversion, but is running a metz 260, if you could shed some light on the extra spacing for the 260

·
Registered
622 Posts
Well, this is what I did this spring. I previously had an Avon 250, which btw is probably same size as Metz 260 so you probably have room with the conventional 240 mod. But, to gain more clearance, this is a list of mods I did.
  • Offset front pulley
  • 240 comp bowl machined down 3/8" wider then 180 comp bowl
  • New Comp bowl spacer 3/8" wider then current
  • new Left spacer 3/8" narrower then current spacer
  • I ground a little off inside of my swingarm for a little more room for pulley (not necessary but it was tight)
Downside is now I have no room for belt guard. But not really a big issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent that’s what I needed to know, what offset(and how big) was the front offset pulley, what rear pulley are you running

Well, this is what I did this spring. I previously had an Avon 250, which btw is probably same size as Metz 260 so you probably have room with the conventional 240 mod. But, to gain more clearance, this is a list of mods I did.
  • Offset front pulley
  • 240 comp bowl machined down 3/8" wider then 180 comp bowl
  • New Comp bowl spacer 3/8" wider then current
  • new Left spacer 3/8" narrower then current spacer
  • I ground a little off inside of my swingarm for a little more room for pulley (not necessary but it was tight)
Downside is now I have no room for belt guard. But not really a big issue.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Offset front pulley from any 2008 and up with a 240. 28 tooth. Very inexpensive from Harley. I am using the stock 72 tooth rear pulley that I had machined down for the 1" belt a few years ago.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts