Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone here running this specific setup on their Night Rod? I am looking to upgrade the exhaust on my bike if I can't sell it over the next few weeks. Originally I was looking at the Rinehart 2-to-1 but the more I look at bikes with the Bub7, the more I prefer the "look and lines" of the Bub 7. I spent a little bit of time on Power Commanders website and it looks like with a 09+ Night Rod, I would need to purchase a PC V with Autotune. They have a map for the Bub 7 2-into-1 with stock/hi flow filter listed as well. Any suggestions, input? Thanks!:notworth:

·
Registered
367 Posts
I also like the look of the Bub 7 over the Rinehart. Although the are almost the same pipe and were at one time the same company Im not sure on the sound of both of them. I've been trying to order the Bub 7 for over 2-3 months now. They have been back ordered and in production so says Bub for that period now. It's kinda getting annoying and I almost want to shop for another pipe but I really dig it so I guess I'm committed right now.

I guess the story is they can't keep 100% stock of every single pipe config for every bike. Sounds as if demand for the pipe is up so they are running a bunch off. The weeks blend together at this point but they claimed that the beginning of last week or this week the final assem. will be done but I haven't heard sh*t from them. I called them early this week to see when it will be ready to ship and they haven't called me back yet.

I know it doesn't help you much but when I get in and on I'll let you know. If you really are set on this pipe, call Bub direct and order from them. They sell and list it for $700 w/ free shipping. Vmod wacks you for $850 or so not including shipping. I think the majority of the back order is over and you should get lucky with one of the first one's off the line.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info Firemt27:notworth: I'll have to give them a call and see what the latest word is. However, I can't imagine any vender let alone Vmod selling the exhaust for $150 over list. I mean that just wouldn't make any business sense, unless people don't research ahead of time.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have been waiting for about 4 months for the BUB 7 2 into 1 in black. I am going to be using the T-Max, it is sitting on my table just waiting for the pipe. I was able to get ahold of some one early last week and they said that they will be ready on the 28!! I will be looking for a present from UPS next week!. I would talk to Sharkey here from the form. I order the entire package from him, new bracket, T-Max and the Bub7 great deal! If you get ahold of Sharkey Shortley you can possibly just tack your order to bub on with mine and be higher up on the back order list? I saw and heard this pipe on a DX the other weekend and it is the sound and look that I have been looking for, nothing else on the market that I have seen looks like it.

Chris

·
Registered
194 Posts
I am running bub7 2to1 with pcIII on my 08 DX, I wonder why PCv only available for 09dx. There is no different in 08 and 09.
After you got yours, let me know how is your bike is running. I still have little pops on hard deccelerate even using the map provided for bub7 2to1.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Cbender1: Thanx for the update. Good to know I'm not in the same waiting boat. Keep me posted if you hear anything and I will do the same.

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Mine must be on the way to....charge to my credit card on the 24th.
Finally after 2 + months of waiting!!!!! I hope after all this I'm happy with the pipe lol

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haha, nice guys...hope you receive your exhaust here shortly. I fired off an email to Vmod to get a price quote for the exhaust with the PCV w/auto tune and I'll go from there. It does look like the same (additional) bracket that used for the Rinehart is used for this exhaust as well?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Haha, nice guys...hope you receive your exhaust here shortly. I fired off an email to Vmod to get a price quote for the exhaust with the PCV w/auto tune and I'll go from there. It does look like the same (additional) bracket that used for the Rinehart is used for this exhaust as well?
Shoot a Email to Sharkey @ V-Shop to get a quote as well. He will take good care of you

·
Registered
367 Posts
I agree. Hit up Sharkey or even check out Bub's website. Direct from them was still cheaper than Vmod. Doesn't make sense but its true.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the inputs guys. I did contact Vmod and got a price quote for the exhaust, hi-flow filter, and PCV shipped. Just want to wait until they have the exhaust in stock and I should be good to go. I did email Bub about pricing since it was mentioned they could have a better price but the sales manager basically passed me off to Fitzgerald Motorsports...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks for the inputs guys. I did contact Vmod and got a price quote for the exhaust, hi-flow filter, and PCV shipped. Just want to wait until they have the exhaust in stock and I should be good to go. I did email Bub about pricing since it was mentioned they could have a better price but the sales manager basically passed me off to Fitzgerald Motorsports...
Vmod is different from V-shop. Sharkey(V-shop) posted a couple lines up. send him a PM and get a quote from him. Sharkey has always taken good care of me and goes above and beyond to make the customer happy.
I did recieve the Exhaust Today!!!! it is on the bike, but I am still playing with setting up the T-Max. Should be up and going tomorrow. Looks AWSOME!!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Vmod is different from V-shop. Sharkey(V-shop) posted a couple lines up. send him a PM and get a quote from him. Sharkey has always taken good care of me and goes above and beyond to make the customer happy.
I did recieve the Exhaust Today!!!! it is on the bike, but I am still playing with setting up the T-Max. Should be up and going tomorrow. Looks AWSOME!!!!
:banghead:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Cbender: How long did it take you to take your stocker off and put the Bub on? Any tips or issues you want to pass along?

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
Cbender: How long did it take you to take your stocker off and put the Bub on? Any tips or issues you want to pass along?
you want to be sure to check the spacing between the exhaust bracket and the fuel tank. You might need to space the bracket away from the tank for clearence...

2009 and newer need the earlier exhaust gaskets.

and of course you will need the AW bracket to fit the Bubs on a DX model...

·
Registered
96 Posts
getting the stockers off was fairly easy because I have pulled those a couple times now so say 30min to hour give or take a little to pull the stock. The BUB's were a little trickey because they are 1 piece headers so you have to play with them a little to get them in there just right, and then there is zero room to get in and tighten them up, that is probabally what took the most time. Once you have the headers on you are prety much done because the muffler just slips on and tightens up. I probabally Started around 430 yesterday and finally went inside at 830 but I was also installing the T-max. Tips... ummm like sharkey said use a couple washers to space the bracket away from the tank, tape up anywhere that you might bump when you are trying to install. REMOVE THE REAR HEAT SHIELD, The font one can stay on but the rear will make it really hard to get everything lined up... I dont know what else

1 - 19 of 19 Posts