Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Wick
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pictures of my new exhaust.
My 1st exhaust was Rhinehart Staggered 2-2. Thaks to Joe at American Classic Motors his price and customer service were exceptional.:D

Attachments

·
Cranky Frank
100 Posts
My favorite exhaust by far for the DX. Love how it stays low. I keep saying I'm going to get mine. Running Super Trapp slip-ons right now.

Is it really loud?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Looks good. Unless you plan to use the stock exhaust again, you need to cut off the upper exhaust support from the bottom of the passenger foot peg. Then paint both foot peg supports to match. That will give it a cleaner look there.

·
Registered
379 Posts
How did you fit this to your bike, I have a '07 DX and all the websites that sell this exhaust say it will not fit the VRSCDX...

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Looks really good on your bike !

·
Registered
30 Posts
How did you fit this to your bike, I have a '07 DX and all the websites that sell this exhaust say it will not fit the VRSCDX...
You need an AW bracket and assorted hardware....call Sharky at V-Shop and he can give you the list.

·
Wick
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Wick
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Wick
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My favorite exhaust by far for the DX. Love how it stays low. I keep saying I'm going to get mine. Running Super Trapp slip-ons right now.

Is it really loud?
I dont find it really loud, but I did have the Rhinehart 2-2 on before and they were really loud. I also always wear ear plugs.

·
Wick
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
congrats. looks great. Did you add anything for fuel adjustment like PC-V or Fuel pack?
Already running Screaming Eagle Race Tuner getting a Dyno Tune next week.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Thanks Wick, I almost orderd the V H Competition but after looking at the way you have your setup done Im gonna get the Bub7! Also, I just realised American Classic Motors is useing your bike to promo the Bub7 on the VRSCDX (on E-Bay)! Very Cool!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks Wick, I almost orderd the V H Competition but after looking at the way you have your setup done Im gonna get the Bub7! Also, I just realised American Classic Motors is useing your bike to promo the Bub7 on the VRSCDX (on E-Bay)! Very Cool!
I was thinking about the V&H as well but I like the look and the location of the BUB7. The only thing I will probably go with PC-V with Autotune.

·
Wick
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice looking [email protected] hows the sound of that pipe?
It has a very deep tone at idle and stays that way till about 3000rpm, above that it is fairley loud. I have only been on the road for about 10 mins waiting till I get my Dyno done on monday before I go to far. It is definatley not as loud as the Rhineharts 2-2 I had previously.

·
Wick
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeh they asked me for some photos and gave me a store credit for suppling them, they were very helpfull so I was happy to do it.

·
brett
9,338 Posts
hey wick ,if its to loud or raspy for u ,i got a new baffle custom made for mine ,about 4 mm thinner with reducers at each end to allow for more glass and steel wool packing mine now more sounds like a duc with its note ,before u ask,im not sure how its running as i have tmax dialling it in with a 58 tb map and at the moment i have 53s ,so it will take time but im sure it will be cool,before it was awesome but now will be even better

1 - 20 of 61 Posts