Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put bub jug huggers on my 07 vrscaw, I love the sound but now there is a flat spot or hiccup in the powerband at about 5-6k. Do i need a power commander or anything? I want to add a K&N also

·
Registered
191 Posts
you definately need some sort of fuel management...PC, gils/techlusion, SERT...your most likely running WAY lean with JH and no fuel management

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
i have a pc111 on mine with jug huggers.....got my map fom steve at v-mod.com

·
O5' CVO - $12,000
707 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
Hey guys....just wondered why everyone seems to like the pc3 so much over a TFI/DFO/GILLS type box.....i Know the TFI type boxes are less expensive and only allow for adding fuel if Im correct...but arent they alot easier to tune manually?...rather then having to find a MAP with pc3.....

can someone really explain the benefits of the pc3s over TFIs?

I really like the look of twin pipes(huggers and riny 2-2) so much better then the 2-1 pipes...but it seems they all lose power.....do you really notice the loss of power from stock exhaust?...and do they sound much louder(better) then the Vmod stock pipes?...

also,did the huggers fit up to the AW wide frame fine?....

why are the riny 2-2 so much more then huggers?..they seem so similar!

Dan

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
NOS-DAN said:
Hey guys....just wondered why everyone seems to like the pc3 so much over a TFI/DFO/GILLS type box.....i Know the TFI type boxes are less expensive and only allow for adding fuel if Im correct...but arent they alot easier to tune manually?...rather then having to find a MAP with pc3.....

can someone really explain the benefits of the pc3s over TFIs?

I really like the look of twin pipes(huggers and riny 2-2) so much better then the 2-1 pipes...but it seems they all lose power.....do you really notice the loss of power from stock exhaust?...and do they sound much louder(better) then the Vmod stock pipes?...

also,did the huggers fit up to the AW wide frame fine?....

Dan

I dont think everyone does, and damn sure not me. I think powercommanders are junk. Before my VRFI I had a gils box that worked great with my Jug Huggers.

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
hey guys...

Just reading the huggers advertisement ect....it says 02 sensor bung and says you can get torque chambers or quiet baffles...

anyone know do they come with baffles already?....do we need to buy these torque chambers or baffles extra?...

also,is there an 02 sensor on vrods for us to attach the bung to?

thanks
dan

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
smoothrod said:
I dont think everyone does, and damn sure not me. I think powercommanders are junk. Before my VRFI I had a gils box that worked great with my Jug Huggers.
to each his own.....i have a pc111 on jug huggers and a pc111 on a cfr and both run perfect.

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
chrome said:
to each his own.....i have a pc111 on jug huggers and a pc111 on a cfr and both run perfect.

Exactly, its kinda like the oil discussion everyones got their own preference.

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
I guess i just dont understand why so many pc3 users when they are over 100 dollars more costly then the TFI boxs...if they both work same in the end why is there about 5 times as many pc3 users here?..

thanks for info on everything....only thing I need to wait for is to see what 08 1250cc motor will have,and need for pipes....i see huggers say they have an 02 bung and I beleive the 08 bike has 02 sensor,just not sure if 07 also had sensor too?

dan

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I didnt have any problem fitting the huggers to my aw frame. The box said 2007 vrod on it but i dont know if they are differnt. It came with the baffles in (not the stealth ones) and is plenty loud, like blow pedestrians of the sidewalk loud. They were a pain to put on as instructions were nonexsistent. And last but not least I did notice a drop in power but a massive gain in bliss(sound). Oh yeah the o2 port or whatever, I didnt unplug or plug anything so i dont know the deal with that but im new to cruisers and EFI. I thought it would be like the plug in sensors on a car but i guess not but i might have missed something.

·
O5' CVO - $12,000
707 Posts
NOS-DAN said:

Dan
Dan, As for power loss, yes you most likely will lose some top end power. But I gained a lot of low end torque and power. I can ride with my airhead buddies and my bike sounds great. I think the Rineharts cost so much because they 1) have the Rinehart name engraved on them. 2) They are the only 2-2 pipe that offers that classic Harley 2-2 staggerd straight style. Mine sound awesome and I get compliments from anyone that hears them. They can be found used for really great deals cause most get tired of the loudness of them. I have modded mine to drastically improve the sound. I will be meeting the person that I bought them from next week. He will be up in MA from TX to do a bit of New England riding. We are going to get together with a few others from the forum. I am sure that he will be blown away with how they sound now. He even admitted that they are the best sounding pipes he has had yet. But they where to loud when he takes his son for a ride.

2-2 pipes should be tuned seperately. Big improvement.

·
O5' CVO - $12,000
707 Posts
BTW, I am pulling over 70 ft/lbs of torque and just over 40 horsepower at only 3k rpms.

I have looked at a lot of other dyno sheet printouts that show a similer horspower with much lower torque in the lower rpms. This increases drivability around suburban areas significantly. But after 5k rpm it is all out rippin V-Rod Power!

·
Registered
12 Posts
i got my power commander from morepoweracing.com it cost 276 they called me asked what was on my bike they mapped it and my bike runs great with jug huggers k&n and topless.

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
I wonder what Ill need to know about the new 08 AW before i know if the huggers for an 07 will work the same??...since 08 will more then likely be a 1247cc and i beleive have an 02 sensor....i guess I might have to wait abit before pipes?.....hoping to at least self-mod the stock pipes for some sound at first...

just cant wait till the 08s are up tomorrow!..

Dan

·
Registered
116 Posts
Anyone have the pot settings on a SE Fueler with Bub 2-2 topless?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts