Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
I don't know anything, but it seems to be a general trend that the 2 into 2's don't perform as well as the 2-1s, but the 2-2 do sound good, and some look really good.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah ive been told the same about the 2 into 1 set up i had the cfr now im going to try the bubs i hope there not as loud as the cfr was

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
I think those are the pipes that sillyboy has. If that is the case they are still fairly loud. You could try and contact him we put the stage 2 cams in his, and redracer has his with a cfr, we all went for a cruise. I was in front of them for the most part so I can't tell you which was louder, or if there was a real difference.

·
Wick
546 Posts
I have the Rinehart 2-2 they are loud I just use ear plugs. I am not an expert but I would say they would have to be better than the CFR because they dont stop level with your ears like some 2-1 do. I mainly chose mine because I didnt like the way the header pipes on 2-1 come forward and cover the engine.

·
'04 1300
3,070 Posts
Every true 2 into 2 made for the Revo motor loses HP over the stock exhaust.

·
Justpassinthru
8,976 Posts
They are Louder, and I can not feel lost of power at all, and tested a few new Vrods night rods in last two years with stock exhaust and they feel choked up a little and do not accelerate and breathe like mine with power. I have a pc-3 on it and dynotuned before I got it used .Yes ear plugs and full face used when riding.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well im am going to try to get the pipes on tonight the bad part is that the bike had the cfr on it when i bought it so now i have buy or make the stock exhaust bracket

·
Registered
153 Posts
without dyno results u guys r just wasting space. the 2n2 look n sound better. they r lighter and stundier also. why dont u take a bike and do a comparison at a dyno shop and give us the results

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah im with you on the sound it sounds mean alot diffrent than the cfr as far as the power loss it might be a little less power down low but it seems like the bike pulls a litttle harder from the mid to top

·
Wick
546 Posts
Dyno results are just figures alot of the time you wont notice the difference on the road. I have buddies with 2-1 on there 1250 vrods and on the road both exhaust perform about the same. So each to there own get what YOU want.
:hidesbeh:

·
Mitch
88 Posts
yeah im with you on the sound it sounds mean alot diffrent than the cfr as far as the power loss it might be a little less power down low but it seems like the bike pulls a litttle harder from the mid to top
That's exactly what i'm noticing for a difference too. From stock to the bubs I noticed the low end was not quite there. I lost my rolling burnouts. Then when I put the cfr on I got all my low end back and the top end pull of the bubs is not quite there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts