Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
VRSCD
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have this system installed on a D?

http://bub.com/Harley-Davidson_V_ROD.cfm?pa=list&psearch=&zsb=0&sc1=Harley%20Davidson&sc2=V%20Rod&sc3=2%20into%202

I have forward controls so I am not worried about it interfering with my controls, and I see on BUB's page they have it installed on a DX which has a similar pipe setup as the D. I was just wondering if anyone has done this and if there are any gottchas.

Also how does it sound. I'd like something that has a close sound to my Vmoded pipe but is lower so I can fit my bags on the bike. (Vmod DX bags).

Thanks.

·
Turtle
89 Posts
I did it. Loved the look but the noise was just to much - very loud (for me at least).

Only catch was I needed the mounting bracket from say an AW as the D has different pipes. I tried to get the quite baffle from BUB for several months but no luck. :bash:

Ended up going back to the std system with slip ons.:)

Attachments

·
VRSCD
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,

I am planning on ordering the pipes from Vmod so I will make sure to get the bracket. I'll try them without baffles first and see how they sounds, it has to be quieter than CFR or Reinhart.

·
Nate B
36 Posts
I have factory exhaust on my 2008 D. How do slipon pipes sound compared to aftermarket exhaust systems. I want more noise but i dont want to go deaf.

·
Registered
821 Posts
If you don't like noise, steer clear of the Toxic pipes. I run them w/o baffles and they are LOUD!! From what I've seen on YouTube, the baffles aren't much help so I never bothered to order them.

·
VRSCD
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have mine Vmoded and that is just the right level of noise for me. I can sneak out of the neighborhood in the mornings just by being easy on the throttle or I can let it bark when needed. You can Vmod the pipes yourself as all you need high quality drill and a good quality hole saw blade.

You will also need a fuel manager when changing pipes or Vmoding, since you have a 2008 you can go with the PCV with auto-tune. A little pricey but once you get it setup it will run like a champ.

·
Land Pilot
148 Posts
I have factory exhaust on my 2008 D. How do slipon pipes sound compared to aftermarket exhaust systems. I want more noise but i dont want to go deaf.
Check out the D&D slash cut slipons... they have a video on their website of the sound. I have them and love them. Not too loud, unless you want it to be...

·
Out of time....
98 Posts
I did it. Loved the look but the noise was just to much - very loud (for me at least).

Only catch was I needed the mounting bracket from say an AW as the D has different pipes. I tried to get the quite baffle from BUB for several months but no luck. :bash:

Ended up going back to the std system with slip ons.:)
What did you do with the Bub's? Still have them? I liked the Bub's I had on my Triumph. Did the bike do any back firing with the bub's when throttling down?

·
Turtle
89 Posts
What did you do with the Bub's? Still have them? I liked the Bub's I had on my Triumph. Did the bike do any back firing with the bub's when throttling down?
I still have them. There was no back firing problem however I do have a PCIII fitted and the bike was dyno tuned by one of the better tuners in Sydney.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts