Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the difference between the two mentioned pipes? Bub apparently does not offer the Rhineharts anymore and appear to replace them with the bub 7.

Is there a difference in sound? Which one is mellower? What about the size of the megaphone (Slip on)? also distance from ground ect.

The Rhineharts have a black end cap and is square but the Bub 7 appears to have a sloped end cap. Am I right?
what about length?

·
Registered
114 Posts
The only difference is the appearance. They are basically the same pipe. Same header pipe, Same baffle. Both are loud.

·
boo
5,211 Posts
just the cone is different, yeah. the bub has a bit of a slash cut. they both look good!

·
Isld Shite Disturber
1,040 Posts
I always thought the Bub 7 is just a bit quieter then the Rhiney...... also, does anyone know for certain if the Bub 7 has that rap/raspy sound on hard decel like the Rhiney has?

·
Isld Shite Disturber
1,040 Posts
I have the Bub and a friend has the Reinhart... both look and sound the same other than the tip, and yes they both have the rasp on hard decel.
ahh....Thanks Ruko!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
So the bub7 is a louder pipe then a supertrapp v5?? and equivalent to the reinhart? im confused I was led to believe the Bub7 was a quiet pipe.....

·
Isld Shite Disturber
1,040 Posts
So the bub7 is a louder pipe then a supertrapp v5?? and equivalent to the reinhart? im confused I was led to believe the Bub7 was a quiet pipe.....
well as I said before to ya I never heard a Bub 7 in person but all the sound vids I have listened too sure seem to be allot quieter then any Rhiney....I guess you have your work cut out for ya figuring this one out...haha

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Ive heard the Reinhart2-1 in person and that pipe is loud IMO so if there the same its just a matter of looks....

·
Isld Shite Disturber
1,040 Posts
well true..... but the Bub 7 is much nicer looking pipe IMO,, not sure I care for that rap sound after you hit some revs though

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
yeah I agree id have to hear the decel in person I just heard the pipe rev/idle in kamloops at a dealership while i was passing threw.

·
Isld Shite Disturber
1,040 Posts
yeah seen and read that thread a couple times...haha,, it's kind of funny when you re-read that thread and all the different comments on which is louder and gives best performance etc as to how the opinions vary...... especially the loudness factor,, ahh the CFR is ridiculous loud...ahh the Indy is twice as loud as the Rinehart.....haha,, then when you download those vid clips with DB ratings from Max all those comments look goofy.....including mine...haha,, who knows?.... I sure don't other then I love the deep throaty sound of my CFR.

Max's vids: http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79336&highlight=exhaust+sound

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Ive got the V&H Competition now and it may be slightly louder than the Reinhart IMO....

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
That's the thing about opinions... two different people can stand side by side and listen to the same pipe but have two very different opinions....

When my buddy got his pipes put on we listened to his and mine right beside each other and as far as I could tell they both sounded pretty much the same... but in my opinion neither are really loud. They are much louder than stock of course but not obnoxiously loud like some other pipes. So if you think the Reinharts are too loud you will probably think the Bubs are as well.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I always thought the Bub 7 is just a bit quieter then the Rhiney...... also, does anyone know for certain if the Bub 7 has that rap/raspy sound on hard decel like the Rhiney has?
This is what I am looking for. The Rhineharts are a bit to harsh for me. I would like something a bit mellower.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I had Rhineharts on my vrscx for about 2 months and it sounded about as loud as my V-Mods but the V-Mods were quite a bit mellower than the Rineharts. Rhineharts have a sharp crack to them whereas the V-Mods do not.

That is why I am curious about the bub 7 2-1's. I like the looks of a single megaphone over the stock dual setup but would like to mellow them out a bit.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts