Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There were just the heat shields.
Next one i will put header wrap on it !

What I just find inadmissible : No answer from BUB !

From now, i will make bad advert to BUB product.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Header wrap will actually make the pipe fail even faster. They should definitely address this issue though. It looks like a stress fracture. Did you have the A model mount on it?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bought end 2008 from vmod: Steve made them black powder coat for me before shipped to France, + bracket 65113-07 .

Hope BUB should definitely address this issue...

But, what do you want i do from France?
Maybe :chainsaw: or :chair:

·
Registered
379 Posts
The big issue you are gonna have is that Bub says over and over again that the Bub 7 2-1 is not meant for the VRSCDX. I put the Bub 7 on my DX knowing this and understood if I have any issues that I would be on my own. I dont know the V-mod guys, I have herd alot of good things about them, I hope they let you kow this about Bub 7 2-1 and the VRSCDX...

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
By the way Bub email takes about 2 weeks! I just got a reply from an email I sent two weeks ago.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ChopperSteve from vmod said maybe "Stress fracture".
With stock 08 + BUB + TM. I'm surprising.

He checks with BUB what can we do.

I never saw here bad advert with BUB 7 2-1 and VRCDX...

Have you ?

·
Wick
546 Posts
The big issue you are gonna have is that Bub says over and over again that the Bub 7 2-1 is not meant for the VRSCDX. I put the Bub 7 on my DX knowing this and understood if I have any issues that I would be on my own. I dont know the V-mod guys, I have herd alot of good things about them, I hope they let you kow this about Bub 7 2-1 and the VRSCDX...
I have never herd of that before I thought that was why they made the black version especially for the DX. I reckon that is just a bullshit way of trying to get out of replacing it. What is supposed to be the difference between a DX model and an AW that would make it break. Sounds like typical not our problem bullshit most manufacturers use. When I bought mine I was told nothing about it not being suitable for a DX except for the bracket which you need for every aftermarket full system on a DX (except V&H 2-1).
Just another case of no customer service stuff the buyer we have the money.

·
Registered
379 Posts
This is from the Bub website: (When I called Bub last August to purchase one for my DX they told me on the phone that they would not support the Bub 7 2-1 on the DX, after talking to alot of people on this forum and other areas, I decided the risk was minimal and installed mine a couple weeks later, glad I did, I just think this is a case of bad luck. I wish you good luck in getting it taken care of, If anything ever happens to mine it would be nice to know).

The BUB 7 2 into 1 exhaust system for the V Rod.

Features:
• Miter-cut 1 3/4inch headers that merge into a 2 ½ inch collector.
• The system comes standard with Dual 02 sensor ports.
• Headers are covered by 2 ½ inch heat shields with the BUB 7 logo precisely die-stamped into rear heat shield.
• The muffler starts at 2 ½ inch and ends at a fat 4 ½ inch with a slash-cut billet aluminum end cap that can be installed with slash-cut in upwards or downwards positions.
• The system utilizes reverse cone tuning technology for exceptional overall performance.
• Emits a deep, aggressive tone without objectionable noise.
• Forward Control Models Only, Will Not Fit Muscle model. """"DX, R and D models call for fitment""".
• 2009-2011 models require OEM Gasket 65109-01.

·
Wick
546 Posts
I understand what you mean Bryan, but I would like to know what difference there is between the AW and DX that would cause the exhaust to do this. Surely they dont think the cosmetic difference in the 2 models is going to cause exhuast failure. The only difference is the way the standard DX exhuast mounts which is fixed when you purchase the AW bracket. I think they are playing games.

·
33 Posts
• Forward Control Models Only, Will Not Fit Muscle model. """"DX, R and D models call for fitment""".
• 2009-2011 models require OEM Gasket 65109-01.
The way I am reading this the DX model is supported as long as you have the correct parts. However it still doesn't explain the lack of a response from them to the OP.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here is the answer from BUB.
1) BRIANSVROD, you have an answer too. BUB 7 2-1 fits our DX.
2) I always don't know why my pipe is broken but i may buy a new replacement header.

"Hello Hugues,
The BUB 2-1 V-Rod Exhaust in Black Ceramic- 05-7019BG will fit your 2008 DX model as long as you install the same mounting brackets used on your Chrome system.

The MSRP for a new BUB 7 2-1 V-Rod system in Black Ceramic is $650.00 US plus shipping, customs fee etc.
A new replacement header for your existing Chrome 2-1 is $125.00 plus shipping, customs fees etc. Header Part # is 05-0743C.

Unfortunately, the broken header is out of the covered warranty period. I may be able to extend a discount if you decide to order a new Ceramic system.

I do appreciate your patience and look forward to hearing from you soon."

·
Registered
379 Posts
Sux that its not covered under warranty but its good to know that the header is only $125, thats not nearly as bad as I thought it would be and its pretty nice that they are offering a discount. Makes me feel better about my Bub now...

·
Wick
546 Posts
Here is the answer from BUB.
1) BRIANSVROD, you have an answer too. BUB 7 2-1 fits our DX.
2) I always don't know why my pipe is broken but i may buy a new replacement header.

"Hello Hugues,
The BUB 2-1 V-Rod Exhaust in Black Ceramic- 05-7019BG will fit your 2008 DX model as long as you install the same mounting brackets used on your Chrome system.
The MSRP for a new BUB 7 2-1 V-Rod system in Black Ceramic is $650.00 US plus shipping, customs fee etc.
A new replacement header for your existing Chrome 2-1 is $125.00 plus shipping, customs fees etc. Header Part # is 05-0743C.

Unfortunately, the broken header is out of the covered warranty period. I may be able to extend a discount if you decide to order a new Ceramic system.

I do appreciate your patience and look forward to hearing from you soon."
Doesnt explain why it happened but at least we know that it would be covered if it had still been under warranty.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts